IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clauson/WoO - 15th, 12th, 10th
3/13/14, 10:40 AM   #21
Re: Clauson/WoO - 15th, 12th, 10th
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
Look how pumped Clauson is to run Woo again this weekend. Jus goes to show how wing racing is far superior over non wings. Wake up folks, one of the best in Indiana says it all.. Indiana needs to turn the page.
No thanks! Non wing racing is still the best! If we wanted to watch a freight train we would have rails for tracks! Just saying!

2 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge
3/13/14, 11:13 AM   #22
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

There is no doubt that Bryan is a great wheelman no matter what type of race car he drives. He has been successful in all of the open wheel ranks so there is no use arguing over which one he likes best. I am sure he enjoys the variety.

He also is a well spoken young man who is a great addition to any race team. So let's just enjoy the racing and let Bryan decide what is best for him.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/14/14, 1:13 AM   #23
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Winged cars are so superior that exactly none of their drivers have been picked up by NASCAR.

3/14/14, 3:55 AM   #24
JDFAST

except for Kyle Larson, I heard he is a quick learner without wings

3/14/14, 11:30 AM   #25
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
Look how pumped Clauson is to run Woo again this weekend. Jus goes to show how wing racing is far superior over non wings. Wake up folks, one of the best in Indiana says it all.. Indiana needs to turn the page.
The unsupported hyperbole in this posting is so typical of so-called fans who lack a broad base of experience as related to sprint car racing. Anyone who has been watching sprint cars at places like Eldora, Knoxville and most others for several years has watched the devolution of what makes our sport so exciting. If you want to see speed with little passing, no backing it into the corners then winged racing is for you. This is not a criticism of winged racing, but rather an opinion based upon years of observation. Some WoO fans, like NASCAR fans seem to have a blind spot when it comes to differentiating between quality competition and marketing. There is another well-known discussion where the above comment would be most welcome!

2 members like this post: erich45, jjones752
3/14/14, 12:01 PM   #26
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Bryan Clauson is a great talent.

I am still disappointed in myself for losing the only shots I had of him in David Stremme's super late model at the Nashville Fairgrounds speedway! I also lost a whole pile of shots from Manzanita as well. Since then I have learned the importance of backing up my files!

But lets face it, the wing provides around 55 sq ft of area for that all important branding and even more important marketing dollars!

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
3/14/14, 2:51 PM   #27
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

Hi, I am from Pennsylvania and as much as I like going to Williams Grove, Lincoln, Selingsgrove, Port Royal, Susquehanna and following URC all around the Mid-Atlantic area, I LOVE going to Indiana for the 500 and getting to see REAL sprint cars race without the wings. When USAC started to come back East I was delighted. Trust me, winged racing is better than Eastern modifieds but nothing, I mean nothing beats non wing sprints. Please don't ever think about changing, I hope before I pass on two things happen, someone buys a shopping center and turns it into a race track and the wings come off eastern sprint cars. Take care and I will see you at the races

3/15/14, 11:49 PM   #28
mcweld

Race Count This Year: 3

Good job winning his heat race tonight.

1 member likes this post: slick01
3/17/14, 9:10 PM   #29
flatout

Congrats to Clauson on expanding his racing horizons.

What is comical is to watch the urination match between the two sects of sprint car racing. Is Hewitt less of a racer because of the time he spent in a winged car? How about Kinser? Last time I checked, Gordon and Kahne were both winged drivers. Arguing over which is better is a lot like the Methodist and Baptist arguing whose Jesus is better. I will take any form of sprint car racing over napcar any day of the week. Flame suit on now.

2 members like this post: mcweld, sprinter6
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clauson/WoO - 15th, 12th, 10th