IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > klash payout
10/16/11, 8:57 PM   #21
Re: klash payout
koolaid89

I don't know that I'd consider the Klash a "big show" atleast for the payout nor do I know that that is the intent of the track. It's a end of the year show that is open to a lot of classes that don't get the luxury of racing Kokomo on a weekly basis that the race teams have absolutely flocked to, and I believe it's because the O'Connors run a excellent program at a fantastic facility NOT because of there monstrous pay out.
It's a nice modest ADVERTISED payout IMO.

3 members like this post: chris naranjo, gtownplowboy, mowerman
10/16/11, 9:44 PM   #22
cshuman

Koolaid, if u read my post, I said, I'm sure is what advertised somewhere, never said it wasn't, and no, I didn't look, I had no plan to even race there till early that week. I would consider a $2000 to win race with a entry a "special" event, and just was curious what the logic is to pay more to win, more to start, charge a entry, but then pay less in the middle then u do on a regular Sunday night show. I said earlier, been to plenty of races that pay more to win, and a standard payout for the balance of the field, which is fine, just confused on the reasoning. I like kokomo, I like the oconners, and I would think they made out pretty good this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Modocer 57
10/16/11, 9:49 PM   #23
treecitytornado

I agree Casey. 100%. It's funny how others think bad of you when you ask a question. I think it's the only way we get answers.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/17/11, 9:20 AM   #24
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
I agree Casey. 100%. It's funny how others think bad of you when you ask a question. I think it's the only way we get answers.
Posted via Mobile Device
You should try asking the question directly with the track owner/promoter. They have the information that you desire so it would only seem logical to start there. Posting on IOW probably won't get you the answer you are looking for, if indeed you are looking for an anwer. Threads like this only start arguments and seldom get the desired results that you are always looking for.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

10/17/11, 9:53 AM   #25
DonMoore10

Please don't under estimate the power of the internet. I've been following this thread and it seems that the topic is one that really stretches farther than the Kokomo race. I welcome questions like what has been posed on this thread for discussion. The payout structure at the Kokomo race probably is not something new and really applies to other races also. Topics such as this are good for racing. For you people that can't deal with it, don't read it. Real simple. One thing for sure people.... Every promoter in the country pays attention to what is discussed on the web. You are living in a cave if you think otherwise.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
10/17/11, 11:46 AM   #26
cshuman

I asked because I know Jill Oconner had posted and responded on her several times, and thought it would be a simple way to a response to a pretty simple, legitimate question. obviously my question was way out of line lol. I can't help but think if certain fans showed up to the klash, had to pay for parking, the pork chop was $1 more, and beers were $2 more, this message board would be lit up like the 4th of July. Anyways, sorry for stirring the pot here, I know you guys all probly have some really important topics to argue about on some other thread : ) : )
Posted via Mobile Device

9 members like this post: batch56, BrentTFunk, cmakin, cope42, Dblchkrs, Jerry Spencer, mowerman, PAW, throb
10/17/11, 1:39 PM   #27
DonMoore10

I'm wondering if Bill Gardner would consider starting another racing web site. Lately it seems that if anyone has a question about the world of racing they are trashed immediately and the Dr. Phil wannabes show up in mass. I'm thinking it could be called www.indianaafraidtoask.com. It would be staffed 24/7 with behavioral scientists with advanced degrees, hopefully from places like Harvard or Yale. They would be equiped with the latest technological means to connect IOWheelers directly to any track promoter/representative in the country. No need to discuss topics such as dusty tracks, car counts etc. These guys would allow you to make a direct connection to any racing official in the country within seconds.
Last edited by DonMoore10; 10/17/11 at 1:41 PM.

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
10/17/11, 2:19 PM   #28
DAD

I was taught that the only "dumb question" was the one not asked. "Read everything befor doing anything"----DAD
Last edited by DAD; 10/17/11 at 2:24 PM.

1 member likes this post: RadRacer
10/17/11, 5:42 PM   #29
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
I'm wondering if Bill Gardner would consider starting another racing web site. Lately it seems that if anyone has a question about the world of racing they are trashed immediately and the Dr. Phil wannabes show up in mass. I'm thinking it could be called www.indianaafraidtoask.com. It would be staffed 24/7 with behavioral scientists with advanced degrees, hopefully from places like Harvard or Yale. They would be equiped with the latest technological means to connect IOWheelers directly to any track promoter/representative in the country. No need to discuss topics such as dusty tracks, car counts etc. These guys would allow you to make a direct connection to any racing official in the country within seconds.
My ownership of a website staffed with behavioral scientists who are Harvard and Yale graduates?

I'm sure I'd have to ask can you dumb it down for me.

2 members like this post: bigq11, chris naranjo
10/17/11, 6:48 PM   #30
grinch

sorry wrong don
Last edited by grinch; 10/17/11 at 9:36 PM. Reason: mistake

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > klash payout