IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets are becoming U**Y!
12/19/16, 1:58 PM   #21
Re: Midgets are becoming U**Y!
JDFAST

I think what you grew up watching, you're nostalgia for. For me it was the hand painted and lettered CRA sprint cars of 70's. Back than I always heard how much better the cars were in the 50's and 60's, without cages and open face helmets.

IMHO, I think we are now in a golden age of racing and cars in general. Before too long, cars in real world and some racing maybe be self autonomous

But I like/love the racing I know see for open wheel racing. Lot's of talented drivers and teams. In the socal area, the sprint car racing is down. When it was SCRA at PAS in the 90's early 2000's, we had 50 plus cars EVERY Week. Through ******** and economy, we now have one race a month at PAS, and most nights just 3 heats and traffic SUCKS.

I can live with ugly midgets, because I love open wheel dirt racing and I can adapt (with just a little screaming). You guys in the midwest are spoiled with all the great open wheel dirt racing. I tend to only get excited early in the season when some of the midwest guys venture to the West and at the end of the year for the Oval Nationals and Turkey Night.

Ugly is just perspective. Just as long as we support our local short track is all that matters to me. It looks like USAC has a really strong 360/410 schedule all across CA, and for the first time in awhile really excited about non wing racing

cheers and Merry Christmas to all the Open Wheel Dirt Fans

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, Nate, oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets are becoming U**Y!