IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > belleville updates?
8/6/11, 10:12 AM   #21
Re: belleville updates?
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Darland was there, in the Wilke-Pak #11.
Blew motor lap 12 I think.

8/6/11, 11:37 AM   #22
Thyfault925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Disappointed with the car count. The solution is that the nationals needs both POWRi and USAC.

While many of the big names, made the trip not all of them did. With USAC sanctioning the two sprint car races in Iowa and having the sanction at Dodge City, the odds are good that the "summer midwest tour" will grow more next year. It is very possible the one night at Lincoln could turn into two nights. Or at the very least, USAC going to another track on Saturday night. This would make it even more difficult for the USAC drivers to cross over.

The last POWRi race that was held only had 22 cars (Sunday night at US36) The car count was helped by many cross over teams. (Clausen, Coons, Kuntz three cars) Of the top 10 POWRi cars in point only 3 of them are at Belleville.

The midget week of money has changed. It used to start the weekend before Belleville and would have several midweek shows with Belleville being the last event. This year it was four days straight last weekend. It started on Thursday and they raced straight through to Sunday night. Changing of the money week also is hurting the car count.

This is sort of like the Angell Park/Badger deal. They need each other to be great. It my opinion, Belleville need to have USAC and POWRi to be great.
I completely agree with you. Belleville could definitely use one or the other. However, I don't think you will ever see Poweri take on Belleville because Belleville is a motor killer. There's a reason there are only 3 Poweri cars there. None of those guys want to burn through a motor in one weekend. It's too bad that Belleville is fading like this! Still good to see all the big names though.

8/6/11, 8:22 PM   #23
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac View Post
Can you get any bigger names in midgets than Clauson & Kuhn?
As far as midget racing goes, I guess not. However, Belleville used to be the premier midget event in the country. It'd be great to see guys coming over from different divisions to run at the highbanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

8/6/11, 8:37 PM   #24
racegal

Is there another race there tonight? Thanks!

8/6/11, 9:34 PM   #25
midgetmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
As far as midget racing goes, I guess not. However, Belleville used to be the premier midget event in the country. It'd be great to see guys coming over from different divisions to run at the highbanks.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would agree with you that Belleville used to bring some big names that do not run midgets on a regular basis. Their are serveral reasons why it has tailed off. One is that their is SO many more places to run now . Secondly , some other organizations purposely schedule events against Belleville to keep their drivers from competing there. Third , some midget/drivers simply cannot afford to blow their motor on the highbanks knowing that they were going to need that motor to last all year.

8/6/11, 9:40 PM   #26
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

East wins the dash over Clauson. Larson to start third. The finish was too exciting and I didn't see where the others finished.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: racegal
8/6/11, 9:59 PM   #27
racegal

Updates are being done on Dave facebook page.
Does anyone happen to know if the format is passing points or what? Thanks!

8/6/11, 11:08 PM   #28
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Kyle Larson wins again

8/6/11, 11:12 PM   #29
nailer

Any other updates
Posted via Mobile Device

8/6/11, 11:40 PM   #30
racefan20

Larson, Coons, Kuhn, East. Only ones left on lead lap. BC blows motor with 1 to go running 3rd

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: midgetmaniac
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > belleville updates?