IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crowns at the Big E
9/23/22, 9:30 PM   #21
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Arrived at the great ELDORA. We’re parked right across from the showers. As usual I’m the guy with the Red Wings hat, and all the answers 😉
I’m in the village. Row 9 section C. Penguins fan here! Be careful 😉

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/23/22, 11:13 PM   #22
The55

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
I think he’s talking about one of the years there was a huge rain delay and the decision wasn’t made until really late. I don’t think he was referring to last year
I attended the 24 hours of Eldora, many years ago. We arrived about 5-6 pm and were told they had just started Friday’s program. Saw a lot of racing but not all of Saturday’s program. Probably left about 3 am. Great memory now, was with my son and my father who passed a few years ago.

9/24/22, 12:32 AM   #23
Re: 4 Crowns at the Big E
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
Have a great time. Had my knee replaced on 8/18 which put an end to my attending races for 2022 I am afraid. Missed the Smackdown and I have been to many of these.

I am leery of the 4 crown as the last time I went I left at 1am to drive back to Indy never seeing a race!
Good luck with your knee! Go "gung ho" on the rehab... buy yourself an exercise bike & maybe even a bench for leg curls & extensions. Thats what i did... had them both replaced the same day back in 2014 & it was one of the best things I've ever done!

2 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48
9/24/22, 6:48 AM   #24
Hubie48

Moles was totally gassing that thing! Wow. IMO the Midget entry was disappointing but for the most part all the entries were top notch. CJ Leary's heat drive was impressive and TMez had a evening where everything went right. I really enjoyed the Midget feature as I love to see these cars on the limit.

2 members like this post: reeserx, tirespinner
9/24/22, 9:15 AM   #25
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
Moles was totally gassing that thing! Wow. IMO the Midget entry was disappointing but for the most part all the entries were top notch. CJ Leary's heat drive was impressive and TMez had a evening where everything went right. I really enjoyed the Midget feature as I love to see these cars on the limit.
Cannon looked great until he bit the wall. I had a feeling he was going too. He kept getting closer and closer each lap to it until it finally got him Moles is just unreal. Kid has no fear. The outlaw feature turned out to be really good as well. Glad to see Rico pull it out. I thought for sure ol donny was gonna get him at some point but Rico kept pulling away. Really lookin forward to tonight’s show
Last edited by reeserx; 9/24/22 at 9:18 AM.

4 members like this post: Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, PIT CART, tirespinner
9/24/22, 10:43 AM   #26
JJMooney

I hadn’t been to Eldora in almost 20 years. I went last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, it’s different. It’s not the old Eldora I remember. In fact, it’s better. It really is. Whatever they did to the banking, it has improved the racing. The facility improvements are just amazing. And the track prep was great. Eldora has always been dusty but I didn’t think last was bad at all.

Watching the midgets fly around that track inches from the wall just made my night. I even thought Silver Crown qualifying was exciting to watch. And honestly, that WoO feature was really, good too.

For years, I had always bought a reserved seat for the main grandstand. Last night, I brought my lawn chair and sat in the terraced section entering turn one. That’s the way to go.

One gripe (there has to be one gripe, right?): Crash clean-up takes way too long, IMO. It shouldn’t take a committee of 12 more than 5 minutes to pick up a race car. Each time someone needed a wrecker, I cringed. Always room for improvement.

I left Eldora last night a happy camper. I can’t be there tonight but I’m looking forward to going back next year.

9/24/22, 2:56 PM   #27
flagboy55

Glad to see most everyone enjoying themselves. I have to disagree with the last poster about the track, but that’s ok. Cigar Dave toast at 4:30 if anyone is interested. I always enjoyed bringing him some 3 Floyds beer, and enjoying a stoagie. We’re right across from the showers by gate 4. Reeser going to try and track you down

1 member likes this post: reeserx
9/24/22, 4:38 PM   #28
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Glad to see most everyone enjoying themselves. I have to disagree with the last poster about the track, but that’s ok. Cigar Dave toast at 4:30 if anyone is interested. I always enjoyed bringing him some 3 Floyds beer, and enjoying a stoagie. We’re right across from the showers by gate 4. Reeser going to try and track you down
I’m outside drinking a beer and enjoying some sunshine.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/24/22, 4:53 PM   #29
dsc1600

I don’t like the optics of a winged sprint car hugging the very bottom of Eldora but as long as there are other grooves like it was last night I can’t complain.

9/24/22, 5:56 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

See Baldwin #5 is at eldora? WINDOM?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crowns at the Big E