IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Judgement Call
8/18/12, 11:32 AM   #21
Re: Bloomington Speedway Judgement Call
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I was not there last night, I was at Gas City..but watching that video its pretty clear cut it was a racing Incident, and they happen a lot. There is rough driving no matter where you go and what class you are watching. But that last night was 2 drivers going for the final transfer spot and in Chase's case a championship on the line. Constructive criticism can be for the good at times and you were only stating what you thought would work. If they based your comments and put a case on Chase that isn't cool at all..but it is what it is..go out the last race and get a W.

1 member likes this post: nonwing79
8/18/12, 12:44 PM   #22
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Looks like they both were going for the same spot..chase was almost in the grass coming off of 4 and loose into 1 in the middle of the turns looked like chase pushed up and keaton made a straight line acorss the turn..idk

Posted via Mobile Device

8/18/12, 1:21 PM   #23
barny oldfeller

i agree, that was a racing incident (2 cars going for the same piece of realestate)/ def a bad call!

8/18/12, 1:36 PM   #24
backitin

Probly 9P's fault, got in a little hot in a tight race. I saw nothing flagrant about it. I doubt a guy in a borrowed car wants to drive stupid, stuff happens.

8/18/12, 1:53 PM   #25
bullring

I would say that was nowhere near rough driving to deserve a black flag. Around my area, tracks like to send both cars in an incident like that to the rear for the restart. Some times a guy gets screwed by doing that, but it eliminates the track of having to make a call as to who was at fault. Would the driver had a chance to make a transfer spot if he had been sent to the rear?

8/18/12, 1:56 PM   #26
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullring View Post
I would say that was nowhere near rough driving to deserve a black flag. Around my area, tracks like to send both cars in an incident like that to the rear for the restart. Some times a guy gets screwed by doing that, but it eliminates the track of having to make a call as to who was at fault. Would the driver had a chance to make a transfer spot if he had been sent to the rear?
Dobbs ended up grabbing the last transfer sort after they put him on the tail, so the answer is yes. Putting them both on the tail probably wold have been the best remedy, IMO.

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
8/18/12, 4:18 PM   #27
HurstBros0

If the 9 was black flagged for his activity ; Why didn`t the 15 get his spot back ? Both were penalized but one`s penance was quite a bit more substantial.

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
8/18/12, 9:23 PM   #28
Bad Dad 54

Wow - as a former race official I often had to make decisions on what I saw on the track. But when confronted w/ evidence contrary to what I saw I changed my decision. It was a simular accident like I saw on the video. You were there 1/2 way then when the other car came down looked like you got out of it. The light pole in the way didn't help much, but it looked like a racing accident to me. Don't know either driver & stinks for both of you but when a car jumps up like that then tries to come back down you know the other guys gonna be there.
I don't believe Bloomington made the right decision.

1 member likes this post: ByronMack
8/18/12, 11:37 PM   #29
Motormasher

I lead 9 3/4 laps of a MSCS heat RACE at TSS until Bobby Stines in 3rd decided to slide job 2nd place car and slid all the way up into me & took me out and nobody did a dam thing to him. I ended up turning over in the B main I never should have been in. I took it as a racing thing but didn't think it was right.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/19/12, 2:09 AM   #30
dubsak95

Looks like a bad deal. If you are that upset you could always go racing on Fridays at Gas City I'm sure they would love to have your money and help the car count.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Judgement Call