IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal
7/15/17, 12:31 PM   #11
Re: Kings Royal
Stevensville Mike

Well, Bell won last night and held off Schatz. I think if Donny gets anywhere NEAR a good spot post dash he is odds on to win. Last night Tim Shaffer held Schatz off in the dash to keep Donny out of the first two rows for the feature. So, even though I'd like to see Kerry Madsen win it all again, I'm going with Schatz.

On a sidebar, whilst down here I got to meet Tom and Cigar Dave, both from South Bend, during the long rain delay Thursday Night. Both are avid fans of IOW.

Last night, a first for me. I was over in Turn 3 and when it came feature time, the crowd never sat down. First time I ever stood for an entire feature for sprints. What is the word coming to? But then again, it is the Kings Royal and the "crowd" is always a different one.

With Lincoln Park getting rained out Thursday, looks like I am headed there Sunday on the way back. I plan on sitting the whole night.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 7/15/17 at 12:33 PM.

4 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, oppweld, Wingman
7/15/17, 12:46 PM   #12
SPRINTCAR

Shane Stewart

1 member likes this post: Mudslinger
7/15/17, 2:05 PM   #13
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Last night, a first for me. I was over in Turn 3 and when it came feature time, the crowd never sat down. First time I ever stood for an entire feature for sprints. What is the word coming to? But then again, it is the Kings Royal and the "crowd" is always a different one.
Over the past couple of seasons we've noticed a NASCARization of some of the dirt races in regards to people believing they have to stand in order to enjoy the racing.

The announcers that incite people to stand have to take at least some of the blame for the silliness. At Springfield and Du Quoin last year the announcer implored everyone to "get on your feet" for the last few laps of the race. At that point my wife may as well not be there because she will not be able to see over the row in front of us. It's really hard to understand what is to be gained by standing.

7/15/17, 11:14 PM   #14
dsc1600

Largest Kings Royal crowd in history tonight.

3 members like this post: Kydehart, scottyCbus, tirespinner
7/15/17, 11:43 PM   #15
treecitytornado

Listened to the race. 40 Laps Green to Checkers! Donny Schatz becomes first ever back to back Winner and Christopher Bell comes from 20th to 2nd! Awesome Race, from the best Sprint Car Drivers in the world!

4 members like this post: dirtfan98, fish, Kydehart, Wingman
7/16/17, 12:23 AM   #16
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Listened to the race. 40 Laps Green to Checkers! Donny Schatz becomes first ever back to back Winner and Christopher Bell comes from 20th to 2nd! Awesome Race, from the best Sprint Car Drivers in the world!
Really?😎

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
7/16/17, 1:17 AM   #17
mcweld

Race Count This Year: 3

Yep treecitytornado is right!!

7/16/17, 7:35 AM   #18
flagboy55

I think he left out the words "some of" . Knoxville ran last night, Haubstadt ran, Lance DeWease won again last night in PA, not to mention California racing last night. So while there were plenty of great drivers at the kings, I can say with a good deal of confidence that all the best weren't there. Which leads me to wish that Knoxville and the major Pennsylvania tracks would give the 410s the night off, so we could get the tornadoes statement more validation.
I'm looking forward to getting back to the kings someday, glad it's getting bigger. No surprise that Schatz wins. A well timed yellow might have changed the outcome but credit where it's due. Bell's run from 20th to second wasn't even the hard charger, Ryan smith went last to 5th! So much for winged cars don't pass

2 members like this post: tirespinner, Wingman
7/16/17, 8:42 AM   #19
chathamracefan

Eldora is by no means perfect but it sure gets the big shows right most every time. It was a great show on the ppv. Schatz is like Bloomquist in late models. Once he gets the lead go ahead and write out the check. An incredible charge by Bell. And he ran the last 12 laps with a mangled front wing after contact lapping Jac.

3 members like this post: Boat, flagboy55, tirespinner
7/16/17, 10:31 AM   #20
Stevensville Mike

Racing aside..... a $36,000 take home to the 50//50 winner last night.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, racenut69, superstock30
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kings Royal