IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Head to Kokomo
7/7/17, 10:13 PM   #11
addictedtodirt

The rules are the rules. If you don't care to follow, don't be surprised by the treatment you recieved. Barney Fife was right to nip it. Nip it!!

Btw..the man who has the unpleasant job to enforce the rules is quite witty and a nice guy.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FEATHERDUSTER, Racer1039, tirespinner
7/7/17, 10:13 PM   #12
Re: Head to Kokomo
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
Oh,yeah,that guy.The one that made our 8 & 10 yr.old granddaughters throw away their McDonald's cups during midget week.What does that prove or prevent?The other bad part is we had all just stopped at the local McDonald's to eat.aka supporting their community.
I don't understand that stupid rule of no drinks allowed to be brought in except they are just wanting more money but although it's stupid I understand why they made them throw the drinks away since it is against the rule which shouldn't be a rule. Correct me if i'm wrong but to me that's only track that I seen that doesn't allow it.

7/7/17, 10:49 PM   #13
fish

I am looking forward to walking through the gates at Kokomo, heading straight to the concession stand, and grabbing a pork chop sandwich, Coke and M&Ms for desert.

7/7/17, 11:07 PM   #14
stockracer

Dont blame Kim for doing his job...He is a nice guy,,,what I wish is the promoters get a clue...Kokomo was decent but in the last year their shows have come to a halt...cant get out before 11:00 anylonger? Logansport had 66 cars two classes and could not start feature untill midnight a couple of weeks ago. And Bearfeild has had 7 classes twice in the last month...no one is left to see any of the features... These guys are competing for our entertainment $$ and if features start after people leave due to the hour,,,what good are they doing-not making new fans...I will admit Kokomo did get us out at 10:30 last week but there was only 19 sprint and 6 or 7 hornuts..

7/7/17, 11:47 PM   #15
david mitchell
Banned

I have seen a person with baby formula turned away at the gate.is this a way you want to run a professional organization.come on.

2 members like this post: Jesse B, trannyman
7/8/17, 2:45 AM   #16
MOORESVILLETRUCKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I have seen a person with baby formula turned away at the gate.is this a way you want to run a professional organization.come on.
What, nobody has the quick response or an excuse for this? I can't believe it!

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Jesse B
7/8/17, 7:49 AM   #17
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Sorry I don't believe you. They just spent close to $100,000 upgrading the backstretch seating. If I can't carry in concessions and get a track to reinvest in the facility, I wish every track would.

6 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, goat, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, reeserx, TBONE
7/8/17, 9:19 AM   #18
LUCKYONE

Kokomo will always be #1 but the redraw ads to long to the show most people have to work Monday I know why they do it but just to long

2 members like this post: racefan20, tirespinner
7/8/17, 9:33 AM   #19
david mitchell
Banned

Why do they do it🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🌭🌭🌭🌭🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔🍗🍗🍗🍗🍟🍟🍟🍟🍟

7/8/17, 9:47 AM   #20
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Well per usual, we have to find something to complain about since the racing at Kokomo never disappoints. However, if our biggest worry heading to the track is a man being slightly impolite in asking us to throw our drinks away and spending a couple extra bucks to get a drink in the track, then I think we have ourselves a pretty nice situation with Kokomo Speedway.

Here's a wild solution. We've seen complaints over long redraws and not being able to bring in drinks. Well, a long redraw offers time to head back to the car and down a beer or Coke, right? I'll go ahead and predict the further complaining of having to walk to the car.

Hopefully everyone can conquer their extreme worries of being told to throw away their drinks, look at my username, and then do what my username says. If you do, hopefully I can see you there. Been fortunate enough to speak with plenty of you on here but not had the pleasure of meeting many in person. I'll be the younger guy with a black Boespflug hat, and I also bet I'll be the only one drinking some craft beer with a Zombie on the bottle label unless flagboy is there lol. See you all there.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Crankin, dirt330, reeserx, TBONE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Head to Kokomo