IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS fan night
8/2/15, 1:35 PM   #11
Re: LPS fan night
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Speaking of smoking, it is not allowed in the grandstands at IMS. My son-in-law was told he had to go downstairs to smoke. The yellow shirts were enforcing the policy. Only problem with the policy is they need to display a sign which states it. I believe Eldora also enforces a no smoking policy.
At Eldora it is state law

5 members like this post: jim goerge, PIT CART, ronmil, scottyCbus, smith19
8/2/15, 1:42 PM   #12
PIT CART

I like those little smoking huts they put up at Eldora. I don't smoke so couldn't figure out what they was using them for till kings royal weekend.
Has anyone congratulated Casey on the win yet?
If not congrats to Shuman and crew on a win in front of a huge crowd!!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, jim goerge
8/2/15, 2:30 PM   #13
curbservice

I'm not saying I didn't have a good time I'm probably one of the most tolerant fans there but if we want to attract new people to the sport we love things have to change. Let's quit kidding our selves how much longer can this sport last with the rising costs and all the other forms of entertainment to choose from. The sport we all love needs new blood the question is what are we as fans and promoters and drivers going to do to get that new blood.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92
8/2/15, 3:03 PM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
At Eldora it is state law
And thats a lie and assumption but what do facts matter?

Eldora enacted its policy because eldora felt it was best for them.

The law in effect covers the interior and within 25ft of any three walled and a roof structure. Might technically cover the grandstands but not the grounds.

8/2/15, 3:18 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
And thats a lie and assumption but what do facts matter?

Eldora enacted its policy because eldora felt it was best for them.

The law in effect covers the interior and within 25ft of any three walled and a roof structure. Might technically cover the grandstands but not the grounds.
Based what I said on what was announced at least 5 times when I was there for USAC WoO Friday night show. They said seating areas.

8/2/15, 5:21 PM   #16
JDK222

Well done LPS. I wish I could have come but went to Tri State. Hopefully next year will work out you should be applauded.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
8/2/15, 5:36 PM   #17
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbservice View Post
The sport we all love needs new blood the question is what are we as fans and promoters and drivers going to do to get that new blood.
More of them need to do some outside the box thinking and put together events that correspond to that. This is an example of that. Last night, you had sprint cars running in at least six different locations, so Joe had a week that he really didn't have anything to lose, so why not try something unorthodox? And by having "get in free night", he put his product in front of a huge crowd. Many of which were probably not regular race fans. And a small percentage of those people saw racing and fireworks and thought "hey, that was fun" and will come back. As far as you bringing new fans, that had never been before, you had to have known, being that it was a free race, that the place was going to be packed with people and some of those people were going to be, let's say "characters." Just explain to your friends that this was not a typical night at LPS.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/2/15 at 6:15 PM.

7 members like this post: Clydesdale, davidm, dirt330, jim goerge, Milly, Mrs G, Panama
8/2/15, 6:00 PM   #18
Redwood17257

I figured in case there were any folks out there that weren't at LPS on Saturday that wondered exactly how packed it got I'd share a couple of photos of the front stretch grandstands.

8/2/15, 10:00 PM   #19
cowboyhar69

Perris had a non smoking policy in the grandstands back in 2004 which was the last time I was in the grandstands. I can't remember if they had a smoking section or not.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

8/2/15, 10:42 PM   #20
Clydesdale

I think that Joe is doing an awesome job with the track! The staff is very fan friendly and very generous of him to have this appreciation night. It would be great if a wing show could be added to the list of events, possible wing/non-wing double feature next season.

2 members like this post: davidm, VSneader2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LPS fan night