IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's going on with the MTQRL?
6/12/15, 4:08 PM   #11
Re: What's going on with the MTQRL?
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth.Howard13 View Post
I think terry has a good chance of bringing the UMRA back out of the hole it was in. I ran with him and at his shows you don't dally around. Your better be lined up ready to go if its your turn to go. There isn't long waits getting pushed off. You have adequate time to get your car ready for the next event. His payouts are worth more as well.
Kenneth

That is the difference between running an organization like a business with one guy in charge and a club where everybody thinks that they are in charge.

The name of the game is competition >>>> who does it best >>>who is perceived as the fairest>>>and who does not play favorites. It is not rocket science sometimes it may require a bit of psychology.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: midget39
6/12/15, 5:48 PM   #12
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth.Howard13 View Post
I think terry has a good chanf bringing the UMRA back out of the hole it was in. I ran with him and at his shows you don't dally around. Your better be lined up ready to go if its your turn to go. There isn't long waits getting pushed off. You have adequate time to get your car ready for the next event. His payouts are worth more as well.
Well Ken,as dad stated.it's about having one person in charge and everything being fair.Now,with the UMRA stuff.It was ran as a membership organization.and it failed.the main reason it failed it because they had track officials making calls and if they penalized a driver it was taken before a board of directors and they would overrule the officials.NO ONE can run any kind of business or organization this way and suceed.They let too many people get away with crap and it deteriorated.how do you suppose it got into such bad shape?Terry does a Damn good job.the umra in the name is a technicality.(how does one sell or buy a club that is membership owned and doesn't belong to any one individual?)as long as Terry runs that club the way he has,it'll all be good.IF it ever goes back into "UMRA hands",it'll fail.

1 member likes this post: Racer1039
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's going on with the MTQRL?