IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington eats? sits?
5/19/15, 1:49 AM   #11
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Think I saw where it was over $5,000 for winner, coach!! This was including rifle... $1,000 for halo bars... And $ for Orange letter tires like Josh use to run.... Pretty awesome! Didn't know him but sounded like a great kid!! Glad to c community pull together and put together heckuva show in memory of him!! I can't wait... I'm bringin my family down there!! I'll b wearin some orange myself!!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, dshort36
5/20/15, 8:44 PM   #12
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Mother Bears pizza. Ate there tonight. It's delish. Save room for ice cream at the track - it's the best. Or so I've heard.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, SprintManDave
5/20/15, 10:25 PM   #13
cmiracingvids

The way the lighting is at Bloomington I would say a pit pass isn't worth it. It's hard to see when the sun goes down in the pits. I love bringing a lawn chair and sitting on the hill. Bloomington is such a beautiful racetrack. It just encompasses everything a person loves about short track dirt racing. They even still do line-ups the old school way. If you sit in the stands, you'll see what I'm talking about. . Have a great time. Should be an awesome show.

5/21/15, 8:12 AM   #14
Re: Bloomington eats? sits?
illinisprintfan

With the construction on 37, what would be the best way to approach from the West? I will be coming in on 54 from the Sullivan area. Would it be best to follow 54 South to 37 and go up to the track, or split North and take 45 to the Walmart exit? From what I have been told, the traffic back up on 37 is the worst up in that area by Walmart.

5/21/15, 10:01 AM   #15
Re: Bloomington eats? sits?
torqueball

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
With the construction on 37, what would be the best way to approach from the West? I will be coming in on 54 from the Sullivan area. Would it be best to follow 54 South to 37 and go up to the track, or split North and take 45 to the Walmart exit? From what I have been told, the traffic back up on 37 is the worst up in that area by Walmart.
I would take 54 to 45 towards Bloomington. I took this route the other night and the construction only added a couple minutes to my normal time. If you want to totally eliminate the construction, you could continue on into town from 45 and then head south on Walnut.....well its technically S. College for the first two blocks.
Last edited by torqueball; 5/21/15 at 10:05 AM.

2 members like this post: illinisprintfan, Scott Bradley
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington eats? sits?