IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Gas City
5/5/15, 9:27 AM   #11
JarrettFarms73

Maybe I should clarify my post then.

When I say "good if not great" I'm talking to any of the local Friday night fan base that's seen this track hard and slick in the heat races. The same track that feature time, it's who can feather it in softest to 1 & 3 and not let the freight train of cars get underneath you. The fan base like myself who loves this sport yet still aggravated enough to mutter "not ever coming back". The surface that saw me drive 2 1/2 hours down to Bloomington even though GC is 45 minutes from my house. Compared to that track, 5/1 was a good if not great surface. I don't like the holes either but in contrast to a Western Springs NZ or the big lip at LPS I saw nothing out of the norm. Again not ideal. I didn't say perfect, I said "good if not great" and right in line with what I've seen in my 42 years of sprint car fandom.
Lastly, glad that you'll be joining my local area to run GC on Fridays if they can get it back to that level. No doubt you're one of the fast cars. Cause if you aren't and will continue to run Bloomington, then I find your post as tacky as the GC heat races.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, NEMA88, stealth43k
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Support Gas City