IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In need of help on wiring harness on gsxr1000
11/29/14, 12:11 PM   #11
Re: In need of help on wiring harness on gsxr1000
morchrs

Well tried it on the controlled side of the switch still no fire I guess I will have to look into it deeper and see if something else is wrong thanks for the help

11/29/14, 12:18 PM   #12
morchrs

Well I tried that still no fire I guess I will look a little deeper and see it their is something else going on

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/29/14, 12:43 PM   #13
DAD

Generally fire problems come from Ck sensor or Cam sensor. Each should have one wire with 5-8 volts when ign is on. One wire that goes right to ground all the time and then the other is the trigger wire to check it you have to unhook the harness from the ECM and sensor and check that wire for continuity with an Ohm meter. They also need good grounds we like to run the ECM ground right to battery and then run a ground from the battery to a good engine ground.

Them darned suzuki's are different only one power wire and one return or signal wire no dedicated ground. Cks the same way. By the way when you turn the ign on is one wire each wire to your coils got 12+ volts.

Is your tip over switch right side up?

sensors don't go bad often but we take a known good ones with us to speed up that part of the check,

The other problem is the problem is usually so simple and darned right stupid you guys never come back and tell us.

My Daddy told me "It doesn't matter if you Fcrew up or not but it does matter how fast you can fix that Fcrew up".

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/29/14 at 1:47 PM.

11/29/14, 5:40 PM   #14
morchrs

Dad sorry did not get back sooner both sensors have 5 to 8 volts on both prong of the connector. all the coils have 12 volts and the tip over sensor checked out goo not sure what is up with this thing and all the wires have good continuity
Last edited by morchrs; 11/29/14 at 5:55 PM.

11/29/14, 8:17 PM   #15
DAD

go to ebay search tip over switch 2004 gsxr 1000 see the arrow it needs to be mounted to the fire wall with the arrow up. Don't know about you electrician, we use a resistor work around if not we open it up and epoxy the pendlium in the up and down position. If it has not been done and it gets to a 45 deg angle it wont fire. when you shake the switch can you feel something moving in their?

11/29/14, 8:34 PM   #16
DAD

All I can find is 08 manual sensors should be the same. Do you have manual? it gives how to check sensors

My money is on the tip over or the anti theft
Last edited by DAD; 11/29/14 at 8:35 PM.

11/29/14, 11:09 PM   #17
cbaumeyer48

Call Richie Wood..... (860) 749-3300

He did most of the harnesses for Speed Partz... He's really good at problem solving.

11/30/14, 3:03 PM   #18
morchrs

We got it running thanks for all the help on here. needed a resistor on the orange with yellow tracer wire and then ground it

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/30/14, 3:34 PM   #19
DAD

Mor

That would be the anti theft wire, it supplies 5 volts to the ECM to tell it to start. I really don't understand about grounding it tho.

How did you loose the resistor, thank God for Radio Shack.

Thanks for getting back with the solution. Twenty five cent resistor Kind of stupid right.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/1/14 at 9:20 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > In need of help on wiring harness on gsxr1000