IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 1/4 mile set up
11/13/14, 9:09 PM   #11
Re: 1/4 mile set up
bobby01

Dad
I,ll be there if The Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise.(or if old man winter does not let that white crap fall out of the sky) LOL Can not remember being this cold this early in the season.
Bobby

11/13/14, 9:36 PM   #12
jyoung8j

Not necessarily change but I wanna compare notes from what he had and what others suggest.. he's about 40pds heavier then me so I'm guessing bars will need be a little softer.. I think car was good for him cuz he was a vet and crazy lol yea I'm definitely not expecting to b Steve kinsey next yr I just wanna enjoy myself when not working.. but definitely can't wait to get behind the wheel again.been to long.. BTW I'll be racing in southern ohio.. I would like to try some non wing stuff and go over into ind..

11/14/14, 9:42 AM   #13
bobby01

If it were me I would not change bars before I raced it. Like I said before , spring rates are constant more than likely you will just lower your ride heights do to your liter weight.
Then the next thing is get a setup sheet from who ever built the car and don't very far to start with and make sure that the sheet is for your make, model and year.

11/14/14, 11:26 AM   #14
jyoung8j

basically what i was asking was wht ppl run for a base line to compare.. not necassarly change stuff yet.. but im willing to bet tht his rear bars will b to stiff.. esp since he upped then to get car going.. but he has tons of spares so wanted to see if i have wht everyones base lines r.. and bailey doesnt have a set up guide.. Just asking for reference and experience..

11/14/14, 11:47 AM   #15
DAD

j

Did you call Floyd? Just how specific do you want to get? Sounds to me like you already have a plan. Half of the fun of racing is missing the set up!! And then finding it.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 11/14/14 at 12:10 PM.

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
11/14/14, 12:26 PM   #16
jyoung8j

well id like to be in the ball park so i dnt look like a total dumb s***..lol no i havent yet had a few ppl here suggest some set ups so just comparing stuff then ill call bailey and see what he says.. Wanna have a arsenal of notes so i can have options if dnt like car one way. But if it feels pretty comfy ill just fine tune from there..

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/14/14, 1:04 PM   #17
DAD

j

You bought a race car "RIGHT" so we can ASS ume U ain't too bright. Have Fun and stop Worrying If you raced Quarter Midgets "You ain't going to be hot out of the Chute" know what I mean.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: bn kleen
11/14/14, 7:05 PM   #18
jyoung8j

Yea I'm a constant over thinker and want a flawless fast car and always think ways to make it tht way.. I'll relax after first race lol just mayb lil nervous cuz I hear how fricking fast they r lol

11/15/14, 10:40 AM   #19
oldfan49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby01 View Post
Dad
I,ll be there if The Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise.(or if old man winter does not let that white crap fall out of the sky) LOL Can not remember being this cold this early in the season.
Bobby
guess a trip to DU Quoin may be in my plans then

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 1/4 mile set up