IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Monroe Co. noise ordinance
7/12/14, 12:31 PM   #11
Re: New Monroe Co. noise ordinance
throb

normal road traffic noise is audible farther than 50 feet away from its source.....does this mean that they are going to shut down all roads at 10pm as to not have anyone in violation of the new noise ordinance? and how about every Harley Davidson motorcycle.....that should be a great money maker for the county id say!
Last edited by throb; 7/12/14 at 12:36 PM.

7/12/14, 1:45 PM   #12
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
normal road traffic noise is audible farther than 50 feet away from its source.....does this mean that they are going to shut down all roads at 10pm as to not have anyone in violation of the new noise ordinance? and how about every Harley Davidson motorcycle.....that should be a great money maker for the county id say!
In Monroe County, it really wouldn't surprise me.

"Nothing good ever comes from small minded people in large groups" this would describe Monroe County government perfectly.

This is an ordinance they came up with back in 2009.

Drivers in parts of Monroe County will no longer be able to smoke in their vehicles if a child is present.

County commissioners on Friday approved a smoking ban by a 2-1 vote that prohibits smoking if a child age 13 or younger is also in the vehicle, 6News' Ben Morriston reported.

The ordinance affects only the unincorporated areas of Monroe County, so cities Bloomington, Ellettsville and Stinesville are exempt.

Commissioner Pat Stoffers called that absurd.

"A 35-mile car trip can take you through six changes in the smoking law," he said.

Enforcement will also be an issue because drivers cannot be pulled over for the offense, only ticketed after they have been pulled over for something else.

Still, some said it's a move in the right direction.

"This ordinance prohibits smoking in a car with a child. It doesn't tell people they can't smoke," said Monroe County Health Board spokeswoman Carol Touloukian.

The ban will carry up to a $100 fine for people caught smoking in a vehicle that is carrying a child age 13 or younger.

7/12/14, 1:50 PM   #13
racephoto1

Hey , as we all know, government knows what's best for all of us. We also know it can kiss this:

2 members like this post: Bayless74, TQ29m
7/12/14, 2:16 PM   #14
KKinser99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwill View Post
I work for a Civil Engineering firm in Carmel, and it is well known up here that you do not accept clients looking to develop in Monroe County. I previously worked for a firm in Bloomington and witnessed first hand how difficult/ borderline illegal their policies are. They truly have affected the local economy for the worse. Developments are presented to the Planning Commission and in return, 90% of the time they are shot down. Therefore no land owners, engineering/architecture firms, construction trades, etc. are making any money. I have witnessed the planning commission single handily drive a man into bankruptcy because of their unwillingness to approve a 4 lot subdivision out by Lake Monroe. Like someone stated earlier in this thread... until there is a law passed that denies Indiana University students the ability to vote local government, things will continue to trend this way. If the County wants the racetrack gone, they will find a way to do it.

Bloomington part of a plan called agenda 21. They will say it is a conspiracy but there is a website
http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org...s/Agenda21.pdf

7/12/14, 2:24 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwill View Post
I work for a Civil Engineering firm in Carmel, and it is well known up here that you do not accept clients looking to develop in Monroe County. I previously worked for a firm in Bloomington and witnessed first hand how difficult/ borderline illegal their policies are. They truly have affected the local economy for the worse. Developments are presented to the Planning Commission and in return, 90% of the time they are shot down. Therefore no land owners, engineering/architecture firms, construction trades, etc. are making any money. I have witnessed the planning commission single handily drive a man into bankruptcy because of their unwillingness to approve a 4 lot subdivision out by Lake Monroe. Like someone stated earlier in this thread... until there is a law passed that denies Indiana University students the ability to vote local government, things will continue to trend this way. If the County wants the racetrack gone, they will find a way to do it.
Just curious, did the Indiana University students oppose the development of I69?

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, KKinser99
7/12/14, 2:32 PM   #16
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Just curious, did the Indiana University students oppose the development of I69?
Good one Ron, I'm sure all the exciting TD's from from the Stadium when they fire the cannon will not violate the ordinance.
Most of em probably think I 69 is a night club on N Walnut

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, ronmil
7/12/14, 4:04 PM   #17
Panama

The only thing I want to add to this is, the owners are doing everything they can to get an answer or resolution from the commissioners on this "NEW" ordinance.
So for now, everyone needs to just stay calm and tuned in for the time being, I hope it doesn't come to it but if it does, I am prepared to publish phone numbers and addresses for anyone that wants to call, write and bombard those in position to make our point.
But it is not time for that yet. Any and all information regarding this matter will be posted here and on the speedways Facebook page in the coming days.
THANK YOU ALL, for being friends/fans/family of the Bloomington Speedway!

2 members like this post: bowbuild, SprintManDave
7/12/14, 4:42 PM   #18
Mattmac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Good one Ron, I'm sure all the exciting TD's from from the Stadium when they fire the cannon will not violate the ordinance.
Most of em probably think I 69 is a night club on N Walnut
What touchdowns??

2 members like this post: bowbuild, Hurryinhoosier
7/12/14, 5:10 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

A normal conversation is audible 50ft away when there isn't much other noise. How about a big four by four with mudders that you can hear a mile away coming?

This is rediculous. My only reason for visiting bloomington and besides the track, usually a gas station and FF Joint gets visited.

7/12/14, 5:29 PM   #20
old timer

I do know tonight after 10 I will be call the monroe county sheriff and turning in a complian for noise from the road in front of my house we only set 75ft off the road.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Monroe Co. noise ordinance