IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jack Hewitt...back in the saddle...
7/28/08, 1:59 AM   #11
Re: Jack Hewitt...back in the saddle...
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithracing View Post
You can't blame a guy for doing something he truly loves to do! No matter how old a person is, they still have the desire! I say Go Jack Go!!
With all due respect age has nothing to do with the way I feel. :respect:

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

7/28/08, 2:27 AM   #12
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasitup71 View Post
...sorry folks...it was not my intention to upset anyone...just thought it was of interest that Hewitt raced again Friday night...
gasitup71 I am sorry if I came off as being upset with you. I think the people that know and love Jack are upset that there is nothing we can do to make Jack feel whole again. We all know for Jack to be whole again he would need to be on the fence at Eldora or some other hole in the ground going as fast as he possible could. The Spencer Family wish the best for Jack we also hope and pray he will be around for a long time to come. :respect:

Jerry, Sarah, Paul and Josh Spencer #66j
www.joshspencer.com

7/28/08, 8:52 AM   #13
LEADERS EDGE

That wasn't the first time Jack has run a sprint car since he was hurt.

7/28/08, 8:55 PM   #14
tjtomthumb

If anyone is aware of the dangers of a sprint car,, it's Jack. I understand how some of you feel, and, yes, I felt that way also the first time he strapped back in.

But he is very careful, or as careful as you can be in a sprinter, and if he tires or is having problems he pulls it in. All the guys race him hard but also greatly respect him on the track. He just enjoys hopping in the seat now and then, and is usually pretty careful of the show he does it at.

If it feels good Jack,, then "Do It Hewitt!!" You not only make your day, but make the day for some of the younger generation to have the honor to share some track time with you. :thumb

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jack Hewitt...back in the saddle...