IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Harvest of Sprints Make-Up Waynesfield
10/1/13, 8:45 AM   #11
WRP DK

Again this race will be on October 11th now. Hope to see you back or there for the first time.

2 members like this post: racing2bwithu2, racing4aman
10/1/13, 4:02 PM   #12
Re: Harvest of Sprints Make-Up Waynesfield
WRP DK

With the drivers we had on the rainout I'm sure this event is going to be off the hook. WRP is a track that will provide super exciting racing if the weather allows us to put the show on. You really won't want to miss this event. Even though the crowd was not the greatest due to the weather we were prepared to carry on and give the show a go. I would much prefer to have nicer weather so more of our regular fans and many new Indiana fans can have an opportunity to witness this first hand.

2 members like this post: backstretchdave, racing2bwithu2
10/1/13, 4:07 PM   #13
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Dont think they want to freeze to death on the last weekend in October...
John,
You can't automatically assume it will be cold then just because it is the last weekend in October. I remember going to the Snowball race at Winchester in early November one year and being very comfortable in a short sleeved shirt, while about a month earlier at the same track, I had nearly frozen. Mother Nature doesn't always follow the calendar when it comes to temperature.

10/1/13, 9:24 PM   #14
Will Shunk

October 11th is clearly the correct call for fans within 150 miles of WRP and drivers with prior commitments for October 4th. The amended date works well with neighbor track, Eldora, (this weekend and next) and the non wing group, BOSS. If any of the Gas City cars join in to this "completely new show" the sky is the limit for non wing cars and stars. I have been told that my Anderson, IN racing friend, Jim, will try to make WRP for the first time on October 11th. I hope other non wing fans, car owners, and drivers do the same!

10/2/13, 12:39 PM   #15
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

They make coats, gloves, hats and long underwear for the cold weather so just bundle up and suck it up buttercup!! Oh and blankets too!

1 member likes this post: racing4aman
10/2/13, 4:33 PM   #16
WRP DK

Those wishing to receive a refund for their Harvest of Sprints wrist bands must have them to us no later than October 10th. All wristbands received later than October 10th will NOT be refunded. Thank you.

10/3/13, 11:33 PM   #17
Duane Hancock

Another twist on this too, I know Eldora run on that Saturday and where i will be but USAC Midgets have a national pavement show on Saturday in Columbus so maybe say a Tracy Hines could make it an all Ohio weekend now n bring the sprint car Friday. Many races on Saturday to make this a GREAT 2 days of racing!!

10/4/13, 11:11 AM   #18
WRP DK

Only one week away from the Great show known as the Harvest of Sprints. Can't wait to see some 4 wide racing in all divisions.

10/5/13, 9:04 AM   #19
WRP DK

Long term forecast looks promising but in Ohio we need to wait till the day before to get a better idea lol

10/5/13, 11:22 AM   #20
Sprintcarfanatic

Extended forecast for Friday with local on the 8's showed 70 for the high & 45 for the low. As WRP DK said I'll be paying attention as the week progresses.

2 members like this post: racing2bwithu2, racing4aman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Harvest of Sprints Make-Up Waynesfield