IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
8/27/13, 10:58 PM   #11
Re: Kyle Larson
ThePurple73

I am happy for Larson and hope he does well.

If I owned both an INDY car team(s) and a NASCAR team(s), I would have 4 cars in each organization offer rides Dave Darland, Tracy Hines, Jon Stanbrough and Damion Gardner. That would be fun to watch.

3 members like this post: billwill7, jim goerge, racegal
8/28/13, 4:15 AM   #12
Trippy

" if you are good enough - you are old enough" and probably now - we in New Zealand won't get to see Kyle again - you had to be here last year to realise what that kid did - let him go at it -
Last edited by Trippy; 8/28/13 at 4:17 AM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, goat, rataz
8/28/13, 5:47 AM   #13
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
I'm just devastated that another young American "Indy Star" has been lost to the Taxi-Cabs.... Oh well, maybe the up and coming Formula Mazda star, Bruncarlo D'Giamati, from Este Del Casa, Argentina will have a productive rookie year in the IRL !!! Just *** are Penske and Ganassi thinking about!!! Unbelievable!!!!!! Indy racing made these two household names and they're paying the sport back by recruiting the best American talent and putting them in Taxi-Cabs!!!!!!! WHY????
Bwcause Larson, like Jeff Gordon 20 years ago don't have $3,000,000 or more in his wallet and Jaime Alguersuari is a F1 washout that just had bad luck.

8/28/13, 7:02 AM   #14
racephoto1

Kyle is going where the money is. Ganassi and Penske run Indy Cars because they love the sport. They run NASCRAP for the money. There's a big difference in those two.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
8/28/13, 7:13 AM   #15
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
Wouldn't surprise me to see him win the championship.
I am a big fan of Kyle's, but if he puts the #42 car in the winners circle I will be shocked and amazed! That car/team needs more than a great driver like Kyle to be winners!

Best of luck Kyle, I'll be rootin' for you!

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: billwill7, buck2, gentry26x, jim goerge
8/28/13, 7:19 AM   #16
Leohr46

Better than Vogler? Wow! Only time will tell. Those are very big shoes.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: bsmith8, racefan20
8/28/13, 7:57 AM   #17
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Rich only wore a size 9 shoe, so not that tough...but seriously folks. 2 MAJOR racing talents, a generation or 3 apart, so there can't be a heads up challenge between the 2, just be fair enough to say that Kyle will do great in the #42 and the best part of the deal is that sprint car racing will get some great press once Kyle is up front and all the TV talking heads will be shouting about where he came from. Like Rich Vogler, or even Ken Schraeder or Tony Stewart, i don't think there's anything Kyle can't race and be competitive in it. How about we just sit back and wait and see, and not beat him down before he can prove himself, but cheer on another dirt tracker getting the big chance, i wish alot of our dirt track guys would get that chance. bob

5 members like this post: billwill7, boomer, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, SpfldMile
8/28/13, 8:01 AM   #18
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I was pretty much with you until the last 3 words.
I respect your passion for Vogler, and would never argue with anyone that considered him one of the all time greats!! Age has a lot to do with "all time greatest" discussions. The best of one era to the next is hard to debate! But, this Larson kid is the best today of the talent young enough. If DD was 22 he would be gone to NASCAR!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
8/28/13, 8:13 AM   #19
larsonfan
Banned

Now I will finally have a reason to watch NASCAR again. Larson has earned this opportunity - let's see what he can do!

1 member likes this post: Morin Racing 98
8/28/13, 8:20 AM   #20
Midget 89

Kyle Larson is being taken to the next level simply to prop up a failing team, Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing. With an owner like Stewart-Hass or Hendrick Racing it might work. Kyle is only in his second year in NASCAR. He is eight in points in Nationwide. He simply is not ready. Not with this team.

1 member likes this post: mr nobody
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson