IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Johnson Memorial
8/17/13, 10:45 PM   #11
Re: Paragon Speedway Johnson Memorial
Motormasher

i'm so sorry to hear that about Johny Johnson & missing his last lap.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/17/13, 10:50 PM   #12
newracefan123

Jordan Kinser won

Posted via Mobile Device

8/17/13, 11:02 PM   #13
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

1st Kinser, 2nd Barrow, 3rd. Sterret. JJ went out as the hero he is, they let him start on the tail and run a few laps till the leaders caught him. It is after all the Johnson Memorial. A great night at Paragon Speedway. Thanks to Keith and Judy Ford.

Posted via Mobile Device

7 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, Red Clay, ronmil, Russ, spicoli, tim brown
8/19/13, 2:45 PM   #14
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I had a very enjoyable evening at Paragon. There was an excellent car count, and the races were competitive. Enjoyed talking with Bob Black and Al and Tom Pierce, as well as non IOWer Morris Norman. Treated myself to the excellent buffet offerings at Chambers Smorgasbord in Spencer on the way up. Timed it just about right, as the first session of sprint hot laps was beginning when I arrived.
Considering the number of classes that are run, the racing program moved along smoothly.
I could have done without the track walk, but, even with the delay for that event, the sprint feature was over at a decent hour.
Going to Paragon always seems like a time trip back a few decades, and that is not a bad thing. Lots of kids in attendance and they seemed to be in constant motion, at least the ones that sat near me. Hopefully they will become ticket buying race fans someday. If they do, then Paragon Speedway has a secure future.
I almost took the night off because I wasn't up to driving to Lawrenceburg, and I figured the car count would be low at LPS. I was quite surprised to see that only twenty-two cars showed up for the Dick Gaines Memorial.
Glad I was there to see eighty-one year old Johnny Johnson ride off into the sunset.
Hope everybody had an enjoyable weekend of racing, wherever you chose to attend. After two nights of racing, and a wedding shower down in Kentucky yesterday, I am ready to just take the day off!

2 members like this post: FishBurger, spicoli
8/19/13, 3:39 PM   #15
TQ29m

Just call in sick, Ron, I do it quite often anymore, even got my wife doing it! Bob

8/19/13, 3:44 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Just call in sick, Ron, I do it quite often anymore, even got my wife doing it! Bob
Bob,

I'm retired, but I feel like taking the day off from that, too!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Speedway Johnson Memorial