IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Racing or Sprint Car Racing?
5/28/13, 6:50 PM   #11
Re: Midget Racing or Sprint Car Racing?
ThePurple73

I have really good memories about going to Indy during qualifying weeks and going to the Speedrome to watch midgets. For years, for us it was great fun no matter what sanctioning body they ran. It seemed to be a fun place to watch midget racing. For a while it was on TV with the ESPN "Thursday Night Thunder".
They had school bus figure eights races last time I was there. But the midget racing there was always fun to watch.
Lots of open wheel racing around Indianapolis sprint or midget. Like JonR said I could watch them (midgets) every night, and sprint cars too.
Besides open wheel racing, Indianapolis has Duck Pin bowling at Fountain Square, that is tons of fun also.

5/28/13, 7:29 PM   #12
TQ29m

Watching them race, and owning one, are on opposite ends of the spectrum, watching them, all you have to decide is which ones you want to watch, and go "watch", no big deal, but, owning one, and maintaining one, and a tow vehicle, and a trailer, and having a shop to work out of, and having help, and a good income to support all this stuff, is another issue, which requires a bit more thought, or at least that's what I've been able to access over the years, I can count on one hand, the times I've had anyone to help, other than stop by when I didn't need help, then as soon as it was mentioned, they were outa site in a hurry, so I've adapted to doing it by myself, I even had to have my wife push me out in the way, and flag down someone to "tuck me in" as I call it, you come nearer to getting your belts tightened that way, than just asking if they'd tighten them, it's like a lot of other things in this world, if you haven't done it, all you've done is watch it, looks easy, just like owning your own business, which I have done most of my life, try it on some time, see how it fits. JMHO! Bob

1 member likes this post: PatrickMead#13
5/28/13, 8:23 PM   #13
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Cook Jr. View Post
How many people miss the old NAMARS day with Jack? Was some fine racing with just enough traveling, to get a youngster on several different tracks.
I miss it because they ran at Shadybowl speedway which is 30 minutes from the shop....

Posted via Mobile Device

5/30/13, 12:22 PM   #14
midmad68

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCali View Post
Thank You. I am Located in Southern California, it seems like there is much more sprint car opportunities out here in this region than midgets.
This years midget schedule in California is excellent...we are running about 35 shows. Not sure the last time the opportunity was there for anybody to run that many on the west coast...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Racing or Sprint Car Racing?