IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand series
10/31/12, 6:02 PM   #11
Re: POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand serie
Andrew S. Quinn

Thanks for the info !!

10/31/12, 6:35 PM   #12
ringleader

Can't remember anyone checking fuel either.

10/31/12, 7:03 PM   #13
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
ASQ our current rulebook and Specifications can be downloaded Speedcars Australia Rulebook 2011-2012

Some of the main differences that I know of straight up. We allow:
  • "stock block" production car engines which can be 183 c.i,
  • Forced induction up to 122 c.i.
  • Esslinger engines 166 c.i

All of these are in use regularly here in different parts of the country and with approx 100 or cars Nation wide changes to specifications that would force these cars to make vast and expensive changes would definitely reduce those numbers which we can not afford.
Doesn't look that much different than the POWRi rulebook:
1. Pushrod Type Engines
a. Four cylinder in-line, two valves per cylinder, water cooled, iron block and head with intake and exhaust ports on the same side of the head. Maximum 184 CID
(3016 cc).
Same as (a.) except utilizing a “cross-flow” cylinder head. Maximum 174 CID (2852 cc).

Same as (a.) except using an aluminum block and an approved non-cross flow aluminum “Fontana” cylinder head. Maximum 174 CID (2852 cc).

b. Four cylinder in-line, two valves per cylinder, water cooled, utilizing an aluminum block and/or head. Maximum 166 CID (2721 cc).

c. Four cylinders horizontally opposed, two valves per cylinder. Intake and exhaust valves must be in-line and on the same axis. Maximum 174 CID (2852 cc).

d. Maximum of six cylinders, V-type, (maximum 90 degrees), two valves per cylinder, water cooled, iron block and head. Maximum 174 CID (2852 cc).

It goes on to describe other rules for single & twin-cam engines, but the basic 184" for production and 166" for aluminum block don't seem incompatible; there's no provision for "Forced Induction" (super/turbo charging), but how many cars run that setup?
Looks to me like no worries, mate...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi sanctions Australian & New Zealand series