IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Figure 8 Championship
9/6/12, 10:20 AM   #11
Re: World Figure 8 Championship
Andrew S. Quinn

Yeah its Saturday night for the 3 hour race.

Friday night is the qualifying heat races.

Tonight is practice and a couple classes of oval stuff racing.

9/6/12, 1:20 PM   #12
jenthro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmith View Post
So is this on Saturday? That video was wicked! I definitely want to check this out. Thanks!

Posted via Mobile Device
Take a look at my channel on Youtube, I put up a couple videos from last year along with this one. The first one is of the pace lap. They can barely make the crossover.

9/7/12, 10:27 AM   #13
Andrew S. Quinn

Interesting to read in Curt Gavin's column in the Indianapolis Star today that this race is on Tony Stewart's "Bucket List".

9/10/12, 3:05 PM   #14

[QUOTE=ossuks;301097] This event pays $20,000 to win. Before you take shots at this form of racing keep in mind the competitors can actually come out in the black. /QUOTE]

hate to burst your bubble, but 1st - 4th are the only ones breaking even or a little bit ahead. That is if you do not take into account the cost of car and all of those little things. I am pretty close to this, a competitive car that has a chance to win will cost you atleast $8000. Now throw in motor, tranny set up. I know a couple of guys were leasing motors for $1500 per race. Tires were $500 per set. Basically $40 per day for a pit pass. 3 day event. Its a great race, but like all other racing the cost has gotten way out of hand. Still 49 cars took part in this weekends events. Every few years this race spikes to over 60 cars. Great action all the way through the race this year. Now that the track is under new managment, look for this race to grow again.

9/10/12, 7:38 PM   #15
Jrp4554

Who won? Couldn't find results on their website.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/10/12, 7:39 PM   #16
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
Who won? Couldn't find results on their website.

Posted via Mobile Device
Ben Tunny over Doug Greig and RJ Norton Jr

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World Figure 8 Championship