IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > clay county speedway 9-8-12
9/9/12, 1:45 PM   #11
ACP

Moffat thought he'd spin a 360 while leading...

Posted via Mobile Device

9/9/12, 1:57 PM   #12
Re: clay county speedway 9-8-12
kart31rac

Congrads Terry,

9/9/12, 2:24 PM   #13
Dgentry51

Hey guys,I just want to say thanks to Chet.Williams and crew for giving me the opportunity to get back in a car.Although it didn't turn out well in the main,I had the best seat in the house to watch the races.
Thanx again,DonnieGentry

9/9/12, 3:26 PM   #14
racefan20

Moffat drives several hours past a better paying show to run at Clay Co? Sometimes I dont get it. On the other hand he probably got home earlier

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/9/12, 3:39 PM   #15
luvinbeer

moffat should of stayed home or went somewhere else,i know of three other cars that would have probably made it home in one piece if he did. that was one stupid stunt he pulled.

9/9/12, 3:53 PM   #16
17B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Great night of racing in all the classes & track was perfect.
24 sprint cars....3 heats
Moffat won heat 1
Aric Gentry won heat 2
Donny Gentry won heat 3
Moffat looked like the guy to beat from the way he looked in his heat but Wessmiller, Liguory, Aric Gentry, Babb Kurt Gross, Donny Bracket and a couple other guys I didn't know were fast as well.
Wessmiller & Liguory put on a hell of a show for 2nd with Liguory making a great move on last lap in 3&4 to take 2nd.
Feature went green to checkers with everybody starting the feature.
Moffat, Gross, D Gentry and Brackett all took out on 1st turn crash on start but other than that no yellows all night.

Posted via Mobile Device
thanks you for nice run down, 25 sprinters, one broke something after rolling it off the trailer, darn, but yes all started and if the mishap on the start I think we would have had one H E L L of a race , not that we didn't, but 25 taking the green and then going flag to flag w/o another caution, heck ya we are going to have something for you sprinters before seasons end.
My first year at this and just trying to make things work, so a HUGE thank you to you all and the track personal.
Kevin, getting ready to schedule something big, Bayer
gimme some ideas

9/9/12, 5:26 PM   #17
Motormasher

You have a great show & the track was perfect.....prolly just put up some big money throught out the whole field and you should get a good turn out.
All I gotta say is those little hornets are hillarious......a must see!

Posted via Mobile Device

9/9/12, 8:41 PM   #18
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvinbeer View Post
moffat should of stayed home or went somewhere else,i know of three other cars that would have probably made it home in one piece if he did. that was one stupid stunt he pulled.
Explain "stupid stunt". He spun going through the corner, tried to save and turned over. It is not like he tried a slide job that wasn't successful or ran over someone from behind. He spun. Show me a sprint car racer that hasn't gotten in a corner and spun. It stinks that others were involved, but on occasion, these guys make mistakes. It was a great night of racing, and one of the better mod features I have seen in a while.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Motormasher, SHORTBUS
9/9/12, 8:48 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvinbeer View Post
Real manly post right there peeps!

1 member likes this post: SHORTBUS
9/9/12, 8:49 PM   #20
luvinbeer

he drove across the track in front of donnie gentry causing a pile up i know crap happens but why would he do that? if you spin, spin stop and go to the rear. 360s should be stopped. thats my opinion.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > clay county speedway 9-8-12