IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smaller Wings
7/30/12, 8:18 AM   #11
Re: Smaller Wings
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

I love non-wing sprint cars, but I'm from the heart of winged country. Eldora with wings sucks. Knoxville with wings..sorta sucks. In pennsylvania, we have some bigger tracks, but we have some smaller ones as well. Williams Grove has decent racing, but it all depends on how the track is. Lincoln's racing is almost always fantastic. On a racetrack as big as eldora and as slick as it probably was, you do have to drive the car straight..with a wing anyway.

7/30/12, 8:46 AM   #12

Its ok to admit, wings bring in more fans. As long as the WOO is in buisess with that big marketing department, wings are always going to be popular. Here in the Indiana, why do wing shows draw more fans? Simple, fans here do not get to see them very often. To the average short track fan, I can go watch a non-wing sprint car show fri-sun, from May to Oct. I can only go watch a handful of wing races in the state during the same time period.

7/30/12, 9:40 AM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysmam View Post
sprint car wings have always 25 square feet and mini sprint wing 16 square feet.
side panels may have changed but the wing had to measure 25 and 16 square feet.panels and body added together.
I don't know about the 150 mph 410' sprints but in mini sprints it is the side board that does the job. I would like to do away with my wing and just put a big 5 foot by 10 foot piece of lexan on the right side of the car and go like h-e doble L.

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smaller Wings