IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Show at Raceway Park
7/26/12, 9:04 AM   #11
Re: USAC Show at Raceway Park

Was going to go tonight and tomorrow, but due to Usac putting a time limit on the CRA Jegs Late models I will be skipping this event. 31 preregistered teams and your going to put a time limit on them the day before the show. wow.... I will go support the late models when they return this fall.

1 member likes this post: oljonesy
7/26/12, 9:11 AM   #12
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Was going to go tonight and tomorrow, but due to Usac putting a time limit on the CRA Jegs Late models I will be skipping this event. 31 preregistered teams and your going to put a time limit on them the day before the show. wow.... I will go support the late models when they return this fall.
Where did you see or hear about this?

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

7/26/12, 9:40 AM   #13
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Dont really know why they decided to add the LM's in the 1st place. Wouldnt it make more sense to run them with the other tin tops?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/26/12, 10:02 AM   #14
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Dont really know why they decided to add the LM's in the 1st place. Wouldnt it make more sense to run them with the other tin tops?
Adding LM's was a good idea, this event will be well attended and USAC needs to provide a program. 31 LM's will help support (smoke screen) a Silver Crown race that will most likely have less than 20 cars, there is even a chance that they could start 50% of the 33 cars they started just a few years ago!!

3 members like this post: 767, Lewis1585, SC90
7/26/12, 10:47 AM   #15
duel

is it a usac show or a cra show? I'm all for a time limit on stock car shows if i'm going to see an open wheel show. the midgets tonight should have more than enough cars to put on a show. 16 or 30 champ cars will still put on a great show. I don't go to a open wheel show to see stock cars.

1 member likes this post: racefan20
7/26/12, 11:20 AM   #16
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
is it a usac show or a cra show? I'm all for a time limit on stock car shows if i'm going to see an open wheel show. the midgets tonight should have more than enough cars to put on a show. 16 or 30 champ cars will still put on a great show. I don't go to a open wheel show to see stock cars.
Besides its the Rich Vogler Classic, was Rich a LM driver? Dont think so, they dont even mention the LM's on the radio commercial I just heard.

2 members like this post: duel
7/26/12, 11:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Where did you see or hear about this?
Directly from a CRA Official.

Track record is 21.284. So lets say 23 seconds per lap. Just over 38min. of green flag racing action. The race has a 45min. time limit from what I understand. 1 wreck will easily burn up that 7min. If your worried about time, why not run them last? I am sure the midgets will have a decent car count. I am guessing there will be 15 to 18 SC cars. I could understand if we were talking about a street stock race or something like that. This is one of the top late model divisions in the country. alright exiting soap box now. Hope u guys see a great race tonight.

7/26/12, 1:49 PM   #18
Avon Open Wheel fan

I just hope we get this race in period. If for some reason the evil rain word ruins things whats the back up plan to make this race up? With USAC running at Eldora on Saturday night I am guessing this race could be one of those races that never gets made up.

7/26/12, 2:30 PM   #19
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
I just hope we get this race in period. If for some reason the evil rain word ruins things whats the back up plan to make this race up? With USAC running at Eldora on Saturday night I am guessing this race could be one of those races that never gets made up.
I heard Sunday night after the brickyard.

7/26/12, 3:19 PM   #20
tim brown

Are you kidding me!!!! You have to pay to park at the race track ???

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Show at Raceway Park