IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred done in 2008
5/29/08, 10:17 PM   #11
Re: Hoosier Hundred done in 2008
sprintcar62

What A Joke I Can Not Believe They Have Cancelled This Race Two Years In A Row. Racing Is Not Even Close To What It Used To Be. The All Mighty Dollar Has Taken Over Every Form Of Racing. It Is A Sad Day For Open Wheel Racing When They Do Not Run One Of The Most Important Races In Our Time.

5/29/08, 10:40 PM   #12
Pat O'Connor Fan

I'm sure the promoter took quite a hit when he postponed and later decided to cancel this event. I doubt that anyone on IOW would volunteer to take a share of that hit with him ............
With the Silver Crown schedule having only 6 events on the dirt, a cancellation like this takes away almost 17% of the schedule. That is sad.

5/30/08, 3:39 AM   #13
Sprint63122

Question is will Mr. Miller try and find a way to get this race run in 2008 not a good deal to let it miss two years in a row.Wonder why they can not try to run around the nascrap weekend in indy or back on its original date in september.

5/30/08, 4:09 AM   #14
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Question is will Mr. Miller try and find a way to get this race run in 2008 not a good deal to let it miss two years in a row.Wonder why they can not try to run around the nascrap weekend in indy or back on its original date in september.
The September date would, IMO, work. The NASCAR weekend would not. Open wheel fans have USAC SC & midgets at ORP Thursday and the Anderson 400 for midgets Saturday sandwiched around Bloomington/Gas City sprints Friday. GC's event is their popular Hastings Doubler. NASCAR NCTS & Nationwide series run Fri. and Sat. at ORP. It would be promotional suicide to try and schedule against all of that. I have not heard one reason why September wouldn't work. The Hoosier Hundred needs not to be cancelled two years running.

5/30/08, 7:08 AM   #15
BrentTFunk

I personally think it is the fair that dosen't want the race. The people who train horses there hate to have anything on the traqck than them. They have a lot of pull with the governer,and the cronies on the board.

5/30/08, 7:15 AM   #16
Dyno Don

I went to the Track Enterprises web page and could not find the refund form.

It said the race was cancelled and to print out a form to get your refund. No form.

5/30/08, 7:45 AM   #17
rjmoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
The September date would, IMO, work. The NASCAR weekend would not. Open wheel fans have USAC SC & midgets at ORP Thursday and the Anderson 400 for midgets Saturday sandwiched around Bloomington/Gas City sprints Friday. GC's event is their popular Hastings Doubler. NASCAR NCTS & Nationwide series run Fri. and Sat. at ORP. It would be promotional suicide to try and schedule against all of that. I have not heard one reason why September wouldn't work. The Hoosier Hundred needs not to be cancelled two years running.
If you look at the State Fair Schedule they have the Lucas Oil Indy Mile AMA Flat Track Grand National scheduled for the Saturday that the Midgets are in town.

http://www.in.gov/statefair/fairgrounds/calendar.html

It was Mother Nature that dropped the ball on this.

5/30/08, 8:16 AM   #18
Seadog

I am absolutely amazed.

OK, it rains. Somehow this is the promoter's fault, and/or USAC's fault, and/or the State Fair board's fault. I think some people need to get a grip. Who wants to cancel a race? NOBODY. A lot of time, effort and money are spent before the race ever occurs. Who in the hell is happy about cancelling? NOBODY. The logistics of scheduling is hard enough - rescheduling is even tougher. Think about the problems in trying to schedule almost a hundred races in a six month period without stepping on somebody's toes. Think about the egos involved and what has to be done to satisfy the fans, drivers, owners, promoters - and everybody else involved.

Some have been on here defending Greg Staab so USAC will keep him. Some of those same people turn around and lambaste USAC for the crappy job of race scheduling. NEWS FLASH! That's what Greg does people! And personally, I think he does a terrific job - better than most of you complainers could ever do.

Life is too short. Stop whining and enjoy and be thankful fo what we have in this land of the free before it's too late.

5/30/08, 8:18 AM   #19
duel

Looks like a good date could have been friday July 4th. (3 day weekend) It's sad such a great race can't be rescheduled. I tend to agree with Brent on the cronies, and the fact the event needs some one with a whole lot of cash behind them. TG?

5/30/08, 8:46 AM   #20
sprint 98j

I think that one thing that would help racing alot would legalized gambling of some sort, Just like the Ponies. There real race fan is a dying breed in the new addictive lifestyles. There are so many entertainment options out there that a gimick is need to draw people to the track. If you notice , the only youngsters at the track are the drivers and a few of their friends. We need to come up with a way to make it interesting for people 20 to 40 and for some reason it just isn't. They only look at NASCRAP as racing, Untill they discover real racing but most seem too busy to go except for the expensive get away weekends at Cup races. They are usally there for the weekend party. rather than the race.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier Hundred done in 2008