IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 34 years ago today...
1/27/12, 5:31 PM   #11
Re: 34 years ago today...
Seadog

I was already married 6+ years when it happened. Now we are 40+ years of marriage. That's a long time to put up with a crabby ol' bastard like me.

I think the snow was about 12" here in Cincy. That's about 12" too much IMO.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
1/27/12, 5:39 PM   #12
Jerry Spencer

Had tickets to the Kiss - A/C D/C show at Market Square Arena, Sarah my 69 camero and some party supplies headed south on 31, we never knew what was in the north bound lane due to the snow being plowed at least ten feet deep until we got to Carmel were we ice skated the rest of the way downtown due to the ice storm Indy had. One lane all the way, I remember at a couple places we could open the doors and had a foot in between the door and the snow piles. I had seen Kiss years earlier in Peru at the circus hall before they had an album out ( I think around the fourth grade) and knew it was going to be a good time. We made it there and back taking about twenty four hours round trip (concert time included) then in June married Sarah and off we went. Harfprez we hope you have 34 more just like the last 34.

Jerry,Sarah,Paul,Josh and Sonny Spencer #66j
stida.com
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 1/27/12 at 5:41 PM.

2 members like this post: mowerman, Tim Watson
1/27/12, 7:05 PM   #13
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Two weeks later, New England had its Blizzard of '78. Massachusetts was closed solid for a week. All private traffic was banned. Rt 128 (now I95) around Boston was completely clogged with abandoned cars. Meanwhile, right across the border in Southern NH, I attended a school board meeting with attendees from all over the state the day after the storm. My principal client at that time was closed, so I developed some demo software for them on a little "toy" microcomputer we had bought to experiment with. When they finally got back to work and I managed to get someone on the phone, they told me to not call again for two weeks, since they were too busy recovering. About 12 hours later, I was in the stands at East Bay, watching the sprint cars!

BTW, I'm surprised that we haven't heard from Andrew yet, telling us that you are describing an everyday snow storm in Maine!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 34 years ago today...