IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stewart's an idiot if he does this
11/21/11, 12:49 PM   #11
Re: Stewart's an idiot if he does this
Stagger

Danika has to be at least 30 lbs lighter.

11/21/11, 1:21 PM   #12
Midget 89

Rick Hendrick and Michael Waltrip have both offered jobs to Darian Grubb. Tony would be wise to reconsider.

11/21/11, 1:25 PM   #13
Hotshoe65s

Grubb is a smart man, I just don't think it would be smart if Tony let him go. That doesn't mean he has to be crew chief.
Posted via Mobile Device

11/21/11, 3:08 PM   #14
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Grubb worked for hendricks before going over to stewart i believe.

11/21/11, 3:12 PM   #15
terry kelly jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
He hired Roger Slack, I'd think the first few races at Eldora might be a little iffy this spring. Unfortunately the first few races this spring include one of the few USAC shows.

As for the crew chief comment, I'm sure you would have said he was an idiot to leave JGR as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
boys the crew chief didnt drive that racecar yesterday.. smoke did!! and he like kulwicki did in the early 90's proved he dont need a crew chief..

11/21/11, 3:29 PM   #16
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry kelly jr View Post
boys the crew chief didnt drive that racecar yesterday.. smoke did!! and he like kulwicki did in the early 90's proved he dont need a crew chief..
I don't know about that, although Tony is a sharp driver, but Grubb's call for Tony to stay out extra 10 laps I believe help win the race. But then again Tony did drive the wheels off that car

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
Last edited by REH24; 11/21/11 at 3:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: racefan20
11/21/11, 3:47 PM   #17
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry kelly jr View Post
How do you connect my post to the crew chief driving the car, all I was saying was arm chair quarterbacking and calling someone an idiot is futile.

I'm a pretty big Stewart fan, but to compare Kulwicki's championship to this pseudo Hendrick championship 19 years later is quite a bit different.

1 member likes this post: racefan20
11/21/11, 5:16 PM   #18
darnall

I'm betting Grubb ends up with the title of 'Director of Competition" for Stewart-Haas racing

1 member likes this post: dirtracer74
11/21/11, 7:19 PM   #19
Midget 89

[QUOTE=terry kelly jr;262011]boys the crew chief didnt drive that racecar yesterday.. smoke did!! and he like kulwicki did in the early 90's proved he dont need a crew chief..[/QU
If Tony had been up on the wheel earlier in the season he wouldn't have been in tenth place come the chase. He won five races during the chase, zero during the season. You can't convince me his car was that bad prior to the chase. "Don't need a crew chief." Come on.

11/23/11, 2:19 PM   #20
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Smoke was smart enough to start his own team, hire the right people including Ryan Newman, attract the right sponsors, get a partnership with Hendrick, if he has a reason why Grubb shouldn't be back... then I'm not going to call him an idiot. While it does seem odd, I'm just a fan with very, very limited information. I'm sure he would have his reasons.
Ryan Newman Really? IMO

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stewart's an idiot if he does this