IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kstudley57 (Offline)
  #11 11/18/11 3:51 PM
I don't wanna steal Mike's thunder so I won't share how he handled the welding portion of it, ingenious. Integrity either in engineering or weld quality won't be an issue, if you get a chance to talk to him in person be sure and take it. Great dude.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hubie (Offline)
  #12 11/18/11 10:20 PM
Midget racers, Midget minds

That thing ought to be cost effective

does it have a rev limiter???????????
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #13 11/19/11 12:06 AM
Yes , it's pretty and a work of art, but remember this ; They all look good and fast in the garage, but the true test is at the track. That is where you find out if it's as fast as it looks. I guess we'll all find out at the Chili Bowl.
DAD (Offline)
  #14 11/19/11 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
Two dumb questions - Is it legal anywhere else beside the Chili Bowl?

What kind of return on investment is possible with this car?
Is there any "ROI" on any race car. I just keep my "junk" instead of being insulted.
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #15 11/19/11 12:02 PM
With all respect and this certainly sells tickets, but, really, this is going in the opposite direction of where midget racing should be going.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, oppweld, sday27
DAD (Offline)
  #16 11/19/11 1:11 PM
It is about time the chassis price has caught up with the price of the engines. They used to say the chassis was the cheapest thing on the race car not so now. Maybe the chassis builders can make some money now. Those ss bumpers sure look out of place on that car.
crow (Offline)
  #17 11/19/11 2:35 PM
What does a typical midget chassis weigh? Curious as to what the weight savings is...
DAD (Offline)
  #18 11/19/11 2:40 PM
about 150 lbs best of my recolection.
Jonr (Offline)
  #19 11/19/11 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
With all respect and this certainly sells tickets, but, really, this is going in the opposite direction of where midget racing should be going.
This is very true. It is a shame that the biggest midget race is not used as a tool to increase midget racing overall. It does not do the sport any good to have a car that only races one week a year.

What we need is 250+ car racing at the Chilli Bowl and then those same 250+ cars racing at midget races through out the year.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, oppweld, racephoto1, Revolution Racing
DAD (Offline)
  #20 11/19/11 3:30 PM
"for get it cain't afford it."