IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > burg updates ?
9/18/11, 1:39 AM   #11
throb

I didn't ask where I finished...I just guessed..either way we had a pretty good night! So glad the Joss was ok! Anyone who sees the cage of his car will understand what I mean! That could have been REALLY REALLY bad!
Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/11, 1:42 AM   #12
Re: burg updates ?
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
I didn't ask where I finished...I just guessed..either way we had a pretty good night! So glad the Joss was ok! Anyone who sees the cage of his car will understand what I mean! That could have been REALLY REALLY bad!
Posted via Mobile Device
Just looking at that roll cage was scary. Joss was one lucky guy.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/18/11, 1:52 AM   #13
smith19

the flip part of the crash didn't look all that bad. didn't expect cage damage even though he was on the wall.

9/18/11, 2:09 AM   #14
throb

The back of the cage completely failed! The left side of his seat actually scraped the wall. I've never seen a cage failure like that...
Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/11, 2:26 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I kinda guessed 15 sprinters would have been a good night, Considering Pucktucky, Waynesfield, Haubstadt and the midget racing in IL going on.

We had 18. Track was best I ever seen it honestly but it was one of them nights something of weirdness was in the air. From Moffatt taking that flip half a lap after the checkered flag to Memmer getting to far sideways, Hooking a rim and doing a single ten foot side flip right over the top of Boespflug going under him. To Westerfeld and KT Jr going for a little ride at the start of the feature and to Grant getting a flat while leading. It was certainly entertaining watching Grant come back to challenge Chad for the lead. At one point going for a slider in one but Chad was there before him. To the two coming into lapped traffic on the last lap.

Chad drove a heck of a race, He's been a excellent racer all year and has shown much maturity on the track as well as much improvement. Congrats Champ.

Guess it is kinda in my mind as happening this way but I kinda picture Chad giving Memmer the thumbs up sign as he was going under Memmer as he was inverted

Grant and Memmer just seem to have the worst luck. Both have led many races and Memmer even got a couple wins but it just seems that if anything can go wrong with these two. It ususally does. Hope they get the Monkey's off their backs. The ten grand show is next!

Michael Fissescher and Logan Hupp looked as good as Id ever seen em on a tacky track. Michael fought hard to keep the lead. It would of been a huge win for him if he had. I think that will come soon. Young man is strong and fast.

Seen a car that I hadn't seen since the CRA midwest tour Beautiful light blue 0k. Only this time driven by Don Okkeef jr? *Spelling* Was going pretty good after getting a feel for it. Botts, Studley, Spille and the rest. Thanks for coming out! MIA was JT Stapp.

Last comment on the Sprint Cars. If thats what a Spike looks like after that soft flip into a wall. Id never get in one. Landon Simon on Facebook has a pic of it. IM just glad Joss Moffatt is ok! Say what you will about em but three cage breaks from that?

Groomer won his Championship getting the win as well. Damn car looks like a sprinter out there............... Congrats!

Patterson won the Street Stock Championship by 15 points while Willy MCRobers won the race.

Had a great time. Seen lots of peeps as well as good racing with my Dad in attendance. Only one race left. Kinda hard to believe Summers gone by this quick. Would hit E next weekend but already told work is manditory. So the USAC/MSCS and Klash are the only two on my agenda.

See you at the races! and BTW, That was Marv in sixth

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by throb View Post
The back of the cage completely failed! The left side of his seat actually scraped the wall. I've never seen a cage failure like that...
Posted via Mobile Device
Never want too again!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/11 at 2:23 AM.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
9/18/11, 4:53 AM   #16
rdzsprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I kinda guessed 15 sprinters would have been a good night, Considering Pucktucky, Waynesfield, Haubstadt and the midget racing in IL going on.

We had 18. Track was best I ever seen it honestly but it was one of them nights something of weirdness was in the air. From Moffatt taking that flip half a lap after the checkered flag to Memmer getting to far sideways, Hooking a rim and doing a single ten foot side flip right over the top of Boespflug going under him. To Westerfeld and KT Jr going for a little ride at the start of the feature and to Grant getting a flat while leading. It was certainly entertaining watching Grant come back to challenge Chad for the lead. At one point going for a slider in one but Chad was there before him. To the two coming into lapped traffic on the last lap.

Chad drove a heck of a race, He's been a excellent racer all year and has shown much maturity on the track as well as much improvement. Congrats Champ.

Guess it is kinda in my mind as happening this way but I kinda picture Chad giving Memmer the thumbs up sign as he was going under Memmer as he was inverted

Grant and Memmer just seem to have the worst luck. Both have led many races and Memmer even got a couple wins but it just seems that if anything can go wrong with these two. It ususally does. Hope they get the Monkey's off their backs. The ten grand show is next!

Michael Fissescher and Logan Hupp looked as good as Id ever seen em on a tacky track. Michael fought hard to keep the lead. It would of been a huge win for him if he had. I think that will come soon. Young man is strong and fast.

Seen a car that I hadn't seen since the CRA midwest tour Beautiful light blue 0k. Only this time driven by Don Okkeef jr? *Spelling* Was going pretty good after getting a feel for it. Botts, Studley, Spille and the rest. Thanks for coming out! MIA was JT Stapp.

Last comment on the Sprint Cars. If thats what a Spike looks like after that soft flip into a wall. Id never get in one. Landon Simon on Facebook has a pic of it. IM just glad Joss Moffatt is ok! Say what you will about em but three cage breaks from that?

Groomer won his Championship getting the win as well. Damn car looks like a sprinter out there............... Congrats!

Patterson won the Street Stock Championship by 15 points while Willy MCRobers won the race.

Had a great time. Seen lots of peeps as well as good racing with my Dad in attendance. Only one race left. Kinda hard to believe Summers gone by this quick. Would hit E next weekend but already told work is manditory. So the USAC/MSCS and Klash are the only two on my agenda.

See you at the races! and BTW, That was Marv in sixth

---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Never want too again!

I'm a friend of Joss and his Dad, glad to hear he's ok. How did the accident occur a half a lap after the checker?

9/18/11, 9:10 AM   #17
throb

I was in his heat and I thought we were on the white flag lap.. Going down the back was impossible! The sun was at a terrible angle and entering 3 was a guessing game. You were going into a really dark shadow from the bright sun. Joss said that he went into 3 and saw the 89 (westerfiled?) slowed way down. Joss said he slammed on the brakes and it got over on the left side and flipped. The back left side of the cage hit the wall and he landed upside down.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/18/11, 9:39 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

They took the Checkered, Joss was second. The winner kept hauling ass around one and two and Joss was on him all the way down the back Straight. Guess Leader seen the yellow and wo-ed up. Just tagged his tail tank. Skided. Flipped not to violently but tagged the top of wall. Cars junk and IMHO I don't think most chassis would be that damaged from that crash. I could be wrong but one or two bar failures I might be able to see. NOT FOUR!

Like I said, something was in the air this night, If it could happen, it did.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
9/18/11, 12:35 PM   #19
smith19

maybe marv could shed some light on what happened as a women that was sitting next to him talked to joss in front of the stands. the only thing that would have made sense is joss didn't see the checkered flag.
marv, you could have shared that cupcake.
Last edited by smith19; 9/18/11 at 12:41 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Danny Burton
9/18/11, 2:07 PM   #20
mcveyracing

all I can say is thank God Joss had a full-containment seat, I think it could have been much more serious without it. Just reminds drivers that you have to do all you can when it comes to your safety gear because you never know how you could hit or what could happen.

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > burg updates ?