IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hut Hundred
5/9/11, 12:56 PM   #11
Re: Hut Hundred
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Another in a long line of blunders by midget asssociations. Why doesn't Poweri just follow suit with usac & badger? Is it an enforcement issue? How are they enforcing that rule? (rev limit). I heard Badger's is 200 rpm's lower than usac. Why wouldn't they just make it the same so it's easier to race with each other? What if a car hits a wet spot or goes over a bump and over revs, are they still disqualified? Poweri has booked against usac more than with them in recent years, so this comes as no surprise. Regardless, the fans lose once again.

8 members like this post: buck2, coachmeece, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, mowerman, PAW, SHORTBUS
5/9/11, 2:47 PM   #12
mortboyz

The Haubstadt, I mean Hut 100 is no longer on the POWRi schedule either.....

Hate seeing the 2 Midget groups in another pizzin' match

1 member likes this post: billwill7
5/9/11, 2:58 PM   #13
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

how many teams will the hut hundred have will they get 33 or more now

5/9/11, 4:18 PM   #14
Clydesdale

I would think you lost at least 10-12 cars. And a good field of mini-sprints. Let me get this right, this went from one of the must see races of the year to no big deal now. Especially with a 3 hour drive from Indy. Now we get to watch about 25-30 midgets, and maybe 20 modifieds, that spin out all the time at this track. Why not add the sprint cars? You would have midget drivers that would run both, and then it would be a must see race.

5/9/11, 5:29 PM   #15
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Another in a long line of blunders by midget asssociations. Why doesn't Poweri just follow suit with usac & badger? Is it an enforcement issue? How are they enforcing that rule? (rev limit). I heard Badger's is 200 rpm's lower than usac. Why wouldn't they just make it the same so it's easier to race with each other? What if a car hits a wet spot or goes over a bump and over revs, are they still disqualified? Poweri has booked against usac more than with them in recent years, so this comes as no surprise. Regardless, the fans lose once again.
Maybe USAC and Badger should follow suit with PowrI to see what they are doing right! PowrI has had decent midget fields at their races the last few years. Same with ARDC,that are getting good fields of cars. Seems to me that PowrI and ARDC must be doing something right.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
I would think you lost at least 10-12 cars. And a good field of mini-sprints. Let me get this right, this went from one of the must see races of the year to no big deal now. Especially with a 3 hour drive from Indy. Now we get to watch about 25-30 midgets, and maybe 20 modifieds, that spin out all the time at this track. Why not add the sprint cars? You would have midget drivers that would run both, and then it would be a must see race.
I'll agree with that. I was planning on going down,but now might have to really give it some thought.

3 members like this post: mowerman, skids59, wobbler
5/9/11, 6:06 PM   #16
awnunn

because midgets and sprints NEVER spin right?

5/9/11, 6:17 PM   #17
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Maybe USAC and Badger should follow suit with PowrI to see what they are doing right! PowrI has had decent midget fields at their races the last few years. Same with ARDC,that are getting good fields of cars. Seems to me that PowrI and ARDC must be doing something right.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I'll agree with that. I was planning on going down,but now might have to really give it some thought.
The three abreast start is really something to see so better think pretty hard :2:

5/9/11, 8:59 PM   #18
finishline

Looks like the over and under car count for the "Hut" is 22-. Place your bets.

5/9/11, 9:16 PM   #19
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
The three abreast start is really something to see so better think pretty hard :2:
11 rows of 3 start is something

but the chance of 6 or 7 rows or less of 3 is just not the same

and I hate this because this race was sure on my list of must see but with Gas prices the way they are and not much of a chance of at least 30 Midgets now I will re think may bang for the buck.

please Teams going to the race post on here so the fans can get a idea of a car count

5/9/11, 9:36 PM   #20
miledirt

Next week, someone needs to get a thread on confirmed entries

1 member likes this post: agar
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hut Hundred