IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway???
1/28/11, 4:00 PM   #11
Re: Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway
B.Hooven

Thanks alot for all of the info. I have been wondering about this track for three years now and often drive out to look at it and to just go for a drive. It kind of seems like a bad location, I couldn't imagine inviting a legit sprint series down and trying to get haulers to the track. I barely wanna take my monte carlo down the road. I did hear that it shut down partially due to run off issues with that creek located right by the track. Plus with flooding issues I bet the upkeep on that track was insane. If anybody has any pictures of the track back during race day, or any victory lane photos, or action shots, that would be awesome. I would love to see what it looked like when it was raced. Thanks again for all of the info, I greatly appreciate it and keep it coming. The more info, history, facts, the better.

1/28/11, 4:35 PM   #12
fridaynightracer

We live not far from the racetrack and what I have always heard is that the track is shut down because there was a land dispute between him and the neighbor. Something about one of the bottom of the turns on the outside was in the other property owners land. Don't know how much truth their is to that but it's the story ive always got.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: B.Hooven
1/28/11, 4:41 PM   #13
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Seems to me that Randy Kinser won the one and only ASCoC race at that track,could be mistaken though.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: B.Hooven
1/28/11, 7:32 PM   #14
torqueball

This landmark is located about 10 minutes from my house and to quote Johnny Johnson "it would make a pretty good place to raise some hogs."
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: babcock14d
1/29/11, 12:01 AM   #15
B.Hooven

ahhh come on now....it may have not been the best location, but race tracks are a thing of beaty!!

8/4/12, 11:31 PM   #16
Re: Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway???
heydoll

I have updated info on green county speedway. The track is not on anyone elses property, it does not have a dnr problem. It has never been flooded, it was closed because of a partners death that owed half the property, it was in probate for 7 years, ray godsey rented the track and couldnt come up with enough sponsers to keep it going. There is up to 250 acres with the track .( if needed ). It is for sale or lease. Its a 7 / 16 mile oval, its in the middle of several small towns, interstate 69 exit, 2 miles away. The track was also sabataged by people afilliated with other tracks, the track is in a1 location , just waiting on the right people... The track is still there and could be a great track. (again) it does have city water , will try to get pictures and post.. If you are interested i know how to get a hold of the right people..

8/5/12, 12:27 AM   #17
Racin' girl

It wasn't too long ago (a month or so) that it was said that someone had leased this property to get it going again? The name was Havoc Action Motorsports I think, and they have a website and a facebook page.

8/5/12, 7:07 PM   #18
heydoll

As far as today No one has leased the peoperty, No one has paid any money or paper has exchanged hands. Still for lease . all or part. If anyone is interested let me know , I will forward you contact info..........

8/5/12, 7:59 PM   #19
Hurryinhoosier

http://www.havocactionsports.com/Home_Page.html

8/5/12, 8:38 PM   #20
heydoll

So far Havac Motor Sports does Not have any paperwork done on this track, They were trying to raise money to open it up, But do not have anything signed.I see they made afacebook and a web page but.They have not tied up the track so it is still available..

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Owensburg Speedway/Greene County Speedway???