IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Badger Updates @ Beaver Dam
5/2/10, 1:35 PM   #11
Re: Badger Updates @ Beaver Dam
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I'm not to bad at one of those tasks ......for a little guy! But when multi tasking the drinking of BEER should be the one thing i don't do. It's also hard since it was Badger's first race and some of the cars i didn't recognize. Never went in the pits before hand to check things out and the pa wasn't over powering either. Not much to post with only 18 midgets but i will give it another shot.
I meant TALKING! You still need practice on drinking beer. You haven't gotten that mastered like mowerman or AERO. Here's one for you.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/2/10, 2:21 PM   #12
polecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnall View Post
Did they do a redraw or is it typical in Badger for the guy who sets fast time and wins his heat to have to start way back in 8th or worse??? Nice Job Duaminator.
rule from the badger web site.
Invert fastest 10 cars , balance straight up by time trial

5/2/10, 4:17 PM   #13
Tom

In this particular race, they inverted the top 3 finishers of the three heats. Zach started eighth rather than ninth because Brad Loyet flipped in qualifying and had no time but came back to finish in the top 3 of his heat.

5/2/10, 10:25 PM   #14
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I meant TALKING! You still need practice on drinking beer. You haven't gotten that mastered like mowerman or AERO. Here's one for you.
Oh, i got it now. Guess i got it mixed up in what you were talking about. But the only reason i am good at talking is that i have been drinking first, then i'm better at talking.

5/3/10, 5:09 PM   #15
K-Dawg30

Why would they punish a driver for gaining the pole and winning his heat race by making him start 8th? That is plain dumb....he earned the pole lol

Nice run Zach, despite the circumstances...
Last edited by K-Dawg30; 5/3/10 at 5:11 PM.

5/3/10, 8:19 PM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Oh, i got it now. Guess i got it mixed up in what you were talking about. But the only reason i am good at talking is that i have been drinking first, then i'm better at talking.
The problem is that you make perfectly good sense to me AFTER you have been drinking. I think I hear better after I have had a few. It was great to see you at Gas City and Kokomo and we look forward to your next trip down from Cheeseland. Remember, we need more horseradish cheese!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/4/10, 7:21 AM   #17
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
In this particular race, they inverted the top 3 finishers of the three heats. Zach started eighth rather than ninth because Brad Loyet flipped in qualifying and had no time but came back to finish in the top 3 of his heat.
If you're looking for the perfect race format, you might as well go hunting for the Loch Ness monster, because you'll never find either one. That said, this particular format just plain stinks. I understand inverting for the heats, but why on earth would you punish a driver for setting quick time AND winning their heat? Maybe they're just trying to think outside the proverbial box with this format, but I think they need to put this rule back in the box and toss that box into the river.

1 member likes this post: K-Dawg30
5/4/10, 8:41 PM   #18
Tom

Maybe I didn't explain this well enough....

As Polecar said, Badger always inverts their feature lineups by qualifying time. I assume you guys are used to POWRi's format where drivers do not qualify and that's why you find BMARA's lineups peculiar. A driver's heat race finish in Badger typically doesn't determine feature starting position at all, it merely qualifies a driver into the A main if the finish is high enough. I believe USAC uses the exact same format but with a 6 car inversion rather than 10 - if a driver sets fast time and wins his heat in a typical USAC race, he'll still start 6th.

Personally, I like the bigger inversions. It usually makes for better racing.
Brad Kuhn, who won the race, started in row 4 as well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Badger Updates @ Beaver Dam