IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints - Eldora Speedway - 4/3/66
2/25/11, 8:31 PM   #11
Re: USAC Sprints - Eldora Speedway - 4/3/66
gary curry

PLEASE write your "irrevelant" thoughts. I missed a lot of stuff back in the day and would love to hear about any of it! Wonder where AJ was. You do good stuff.

3/4/11, 3:35 PM   #12
unclebuck

Info on Norm Brown, inducted into Michigans Hall of fame
www.speedromehistoricalsociety.com
Quite a racer, as were many on this page

3/7/11, 1:44 PM   #13
racerjim2

Any information on the "Henry Jacobi" listed in TT? Was that Henry from Pa.? Wonder whose car he was in?

3/8/11, 10:26 AM   #14
duel

I think Don Branson's track record stood for over 9 years.

3/8/11, 2:01 PM   #15
unclebuck

Henry Jacobi, I belive it was spelled with a y instead of a i was from western pa. As a teenager in western pa in the late 60's I said Gus Linder was the best, I was usually was reminded that Jacoby was better, as was the late Dick Linder, who was really SMOOTH. Bobby Adamson should have been mentioned also. Don't remember seeing Jacoby run.

3/8/11, 7:42 PM   #16
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
Henry Jacobi, I belive it was spelled with a y instead of a i was from western pa. As a teenager in western pa in the late 60's I said Gus Linder was the best, I was usually was reminded that Jacoby was better, as was the late Dick Linder, who was really SMOOTH. Bobby Adamson should have been mentioned also. Don't remember seeing Jacoby run.
Then how would it be pronounced, JaCOBY, or jAcoby? I guess he'd probably answer to either, or iether! Bob:2:

3/10/11, 4:39 PM   #17
racerjim2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Then how would it be pronounced, JaCOBY, or jAcoby? I guess he'd probably answer to either, or iether! Bob:2:
Bob's gettin too smart for his pants here. You'd look funny without your pants too.:2:

Hank Jacoby was indeed a good racer who ranks right up there with Gus Linder and Bobby Adamson from the western Pa. area. That may have been his only USAC appearance as far as I know. He stayed in in western Pa. to race and of course he did venture over to Williamsgrove to win the big 150 lap supermod race in the early 60's.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints - Eldora Speedway - 4/3/66