IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT - Force just made sure the world knows he is a phony
9/7/09, 10:31 PM   #11
Re: OT - Force just made sure the world knows he is a phony
awnunn

In my opinion (mine alone), the only reason Warren J said that is because he didnt make the show. If he had won it would have been the biggest weekend of Drag Racing there is . He was upset on how he qualified and that was how he made himself feel better about it. Like I said, this is my opinion.

9/7/09, 10:37 PM   #12
BHAS SpeedMedic

Oh let's get real, If and I say "If" Force rolled over for Height this is nothing more then we see in any other form of racing when there are more than one team in a class, owned by one person . We have seen it in F-1, NASCAR, Indy, and just about any other division you can think of, if you'll just look at it. Tony Pedregon needs to get over himself, and the past. Cruz needs to get past the fact if he had done better earlier in the year, then he wouldn't have been in this position. This was not a one race deal. It's money and sponsers that create theses situations, of course it's money and sponsers that keep our favorite forms of motorsports going..so nothing is perfect, we must live with the good and bad...and by the way I was at the U.S. Nationals and it looked like to me John made an honest attempt at Height, and I watched from about 30 yards away Tony Pedregon start that little incident

9/7/09, 10:42 PM   #13
Kirk Spridgeon

I don't ever remember this happening on the track in sprint cars and midgets. Can anyone think of an example?

Many times, guys have gotten into other cars in order to compete for a championship or whatever, but laying down in an event? I'll never understand that.
Last edited by Kirk Spridgeon; 9/7/09 at 10:43 PM.

9/7/09, 10:58 PM   #14
psullivan

We have had teammates intentionally spin out or spin a competitor to get a yellow. Bobby Allen admits this in an old Open Wheel article when his teammate was Richard Lupo. Historically some sprint car races were alsi hippodrome races with the finish predetermined although this goes back many years.
Last edited by psullivan; 9/7/09 at 11:05 PM.

9/7/09, 11:09 PM   #15
Sprint63122

It is nothing but NHRA and NASCAR fault on this point chase they have started.If your racing is any good you do not need to have this phony type of chit they have come up with and they can not figure out why people are not paying attention to them anymore.

9/8/09, 12:28 AM   #16
bballr4567

Im not a fan of all this Chase crap. If a driver does good through out the whole year then why PUNISH them by taking away their points and wins? Just makes ZERO sense. If people dont like it then they need to watch something else.

1 member likes this post: STP
9/8/09, 12:54 AM   #17
Half fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3BqQ65nbc

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Motormasher
9/8/09, 12:58 AM   #18
Duane Hancock

Did anyone else see his wheel hop as well when he took off?? They made a big deal about that a few passes before on how it would mess a run up but, Force does it and he is cheating or laying back or whatever.

I could careless either way but, Force dont seem to lay back for anything. He cant stand getting beat! Thats why he sucks up Ash and Robert's tv time when he is out of the event.

9/8/09, 1:35 AM   #19
sceckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
We have had teammates intentionally spin out or spin a competitor to get a yellow. Bobby Allen admits this in an old Open Wheel article when his teammate was Richard Lupo. Historically some sprint car races were alsi hippodrome races with the finish predetermined although this goes back many years.
Certainly, Steve Kinser, in addition to his regal standing as a competitor, was hands-down the King of reclaiming spots he gave away while barely avoiding a spin by turning some unfortunate driver around in the next turn. But that isn't the same as laying down, as this accusation implies.

9/8/09, 6:53 AM   #20
Hubie

The entire premise of making autoracing comparable to stick and ball sports is absurd. It was dreamed up by some marketing genius who did not understand the sport. Overall, it waters down the basics of motorsport. It places more importance on the issues of the marketing department.

and the racing suffers

Thanks for freeing up my time NASCAR and NHRA

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT - Force just made sure the world knows he is a phony