IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's Tony Stewart Racing????
8/30/09, 1:56 PM   #11
Re: Where's Tony Stewart Racing????
Honest-Sam

The word around the campfire for the last couple of months, has been that when the TSR midget motors are gone, the midgets would be parked. No mention has been made, at any campfire I've been to, of the fate of any other TSR cars and/or drivers.

8/30/09, 5:01 PM   #12
sceckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr View Post
so what you ae saying is we shouldn't believe what you are saying?

just kidding you man, have a good one.
Yes. Don't believe me when I say that no one should believe anything I or anyone else tells them to believe. That is emphatically what I believe. Believe no one source over any other at this point, because circumstances will make liars of us all. And nobody should be disbelieved more than those who claim to know a "truth" that we and others should believe.

8/30/09, 5:59 PM   #13
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Folks they just cant beat anybody with that engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats why there not racing!!!!!!!! Big deal but no big wheel!

8/31/09, 11:56 AM   #14
Tim Watson

It will be interesting to see if Tony's midgets stay parked come 4 crown time when it's at his own track???

8/31/09, 12:38 PM   #15
Shawn

I also heard that Tracy's midget program is done for the season. I was also told that there has been no mention of 2010 plans for TSR.

It seems to me that 2010 will be a very important year for USAC. We will see how they handle it. Stay tuned...

8/31/09, 2:05 PM   #16
Hubie

I sense a twisted sort of glee when it comes to USAC folding on this message board.

and that is messed up.

Of course I would like to see cost lowered, tracks better prepped and racers paid more. If they go out of business, it's a moot point. (well it would lower the cost!)

If TSR is sponsored by Chevy, then of course it is in trouble.

2 members like this post: billwill7, Seadog
8/31/09, 3:09 PM   #17
riskybrisky5

We do not need USAC to go out of business. In my opinion we need to figure out a way to make them stronger. They have a great product they have just got to figure out how to make it work. The racing in my opinion is better than any of there competition. We all need USAC to survive and get stronger. But stronger while working with the racer, other sanctioning bodies, the promoters and the fans.

8/31/09, 3:11 PM   #18
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
I sense a twisted sort of glee when it comes to USAC folding on this message board.

and that is messed up.

Of course I would like to see cost lowered, tracks better prepped and racers paid more. If they go out of business, it's a moot point. (well it would lower the cost!)

If TSR is sponsored by Chevy, then of course it is in trouble.
Those big "bowtie" emblems on the hoods of the midgets weren't placed there for free; Chevy was indeed, sponsoring TSR, either by supplying motors or financial assistance.

And USAC isn't going anywhere; they'll be around in 2010.....

8/31/09, 3:40 PM   #19
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
But stronger while working with the racer, other sanctioning bodies, the promoters and the fans.
That's the key Kevin. The product on the track is great. More work needs to be done in the "working together" department. That's on all the levels you listed. Do more of that and everybody benefits in the end.

I know I don't want them to go out of business. I go to more USAC races than anything. I want all three series to get stronger...dirt and pavement.
Last edited by openwheelKT; 8/31/09 at 3:42 PM.

2 members like this post: billwill7
8/31/09, 3:59 PM   #20
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskybrisky5 View Post
We do not need USAC to go out of business. In my opinion we need to figure out a way to make them stronger. They have a great product they have just got to figure out how to make it work. The racing in my opinion is better than any of there competition. We all need USAC to survive and get stronger. But stronger while working with the racer, other sanctioning bodies, the promoters and the fans.
I agree that a strong USAC, one that works with the drivers, is a good thing. And having a serious sprint car division competitor, like they are going to have next year in Emmett Hahn, they could be forced to make the way they do things better, in order to survive. Healthy competition is always a good thing.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/31/09 at 4:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: dberrio
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where's Tony Stewart Racing????