IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Billy Puterbaugh Wins LPS
6/7/09, 3:03 AM   #11
Re: Billy Puterbaugh Wins LPS
Eagle14

Congrats BP..hey man....last i checked the money you won spends the same as Bloomington, Tri-State, Danville, anywhere elses money... Wheels up cowboy... Hell YEA

6/7/09, 3:07 AM   #12
4wheelsinthekoosh

Even with the small field of 17 DA still payed 1200 to win. It doesnt matter where you go there are no easy ones. Races that is.

6/7/09, 3:07 AM   #13
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

sorry I told myself to stay out of these things so I will put away the soap box and go back to bed need more sleepy

6/7/09, 4:35 AM   #14
swaybar

Everyone is giving spencer kudos for winning and there was only 12 cars in his race. A win is a win good job BP and JS!
Posted via Mobile Device

6/7/09, 9:25 AM   #15
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFSTOY View Post
no offense but if there are less than 20 cars does it really MATTER. NO OFFENSE TO BILLY BUT GO WHERE THEY RUN 4 THE $$$$$$$$. GOOD JOB BILLY, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Dude, here's your chance to put your money where you mouth is. It costs a $1,000 a night to race this car. You give us $5,000 to race 5 big money races of your choice and we'll race Billy there. Otherwise, you might want to mind your own business.

Last night at Putnamville and the previous week, they had a smooth track, and we got done and out of there by 9:30. Can't say that for any other track.

6/7/09, 10:51 AM   #16
Jackslash.com

Most racers have an agenda.

Billy Puterbaugh's agenda is to win the Gas City and Putnamville championship for the third year in a row with a hope of winning his first Kokomo title.

Why would he or anyone steer off that path?

Sean Buckley
The Jackslash Show
Tuesdays at 5pm Pacific - 8pm Eastern
LIVE on Jackslash.com
(805) 624-5887

6/7/09, 10:56 AM   #17
cmakin

Good job, Billy. Good luck tonight in Kokomo.

6/7/09, 11:04 AM   #18
LEADERS EDGE

Congrats to the Puterbaugh's and the Phillip's. Lot of hard work went into that.

That was a good field of cars and anytime you beat Christian,Hollingsworth,and Gaines then you have done something.

I'm really glad to hear the track is staying nice. Hopefully they can get back some cars and fans.

Was extremely happy to hear that Ryan Hamilton ran third in Jerry Powell's car. Ryan qualified the same exact car for the Anderson Little 500. It is one of John Scott's TCR cars from the early 2000's.

I'm not a guy who believes that if you lose then you are a loser. Sometimes a tenth is a win when things aren't going right. Hell, sometimes just loading up a rolling race car is a win even if you miss the show. I also don't believe there is some magical car count or $ figure that dictates a race that was worth winning and one that wasn't. If it wasn't worth winning then no one would have came in the first place. Everyone starts the night off with the same goal in mind and that is to cash the big check at the end.

6/7/09, 11:11 AM   #19
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaybar View Post
Everyone is giving spencer kudos for winning and there was only 12 cars in his race. A win is a win good job BP and JS!
Posted via Mobile Device
Because it was his first sprint car win. Not his fault there were only 12, the others went to Haubstadt.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/7/09, 11:43 AM   #20
a tall Short fan 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by agar View Post
What's Money got to do with it He still had to beat the other 17 drivers who are there running their ass off to win for $1000.00 just as hard if it was 10,000.00 if you don't think so pony up get you a ride and try it out

---------- Post added at 03:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

They had less then 20 cars Start the feature at the USAC show at Mercer tonight and that was for The 4 The $$$$$. but hell it will cost those teams more money to run that race then they could win.
I think the quality of the cars were slightly different...lol

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy racer View Post
Dude, here's your chance to put your money where you mouth is. It costs a $1,000 a night to race this car. You give us $5,000 to race 5 big money races of your choice and we'll race Billy there. Otherwise, you might want to mind your own business.

Last night at Putnamville and the previous week, they had a smooth track, and we got done and out of there by 9:30. Can't say that for any other track.
Hell no ..other tracks have more than 20 sprint cars.......duhh

1 member likes this post: Pine
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Billy Puterbaugh Wins LPS