IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darren Hagen & Sammy Swindell Winners at Vegas
10/28/07, 9:34 PM   #11
Re: Darren Hagen & Sammy Swindell Winners at Vegas
oakhurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman fan 50 View Post
Brad Kune last in his heat, no top ten finish in the B :sleep: It did take out the best if you want to know. Kruser had the pole for the main and junked his car in the first turn at the green!:headbang:
Its Kuhn, and he was not last in his heat. He started 10th and finished 5th. He did not run the B. Neither did fast time qualifier Robert Ballou and several others. Cant blame em, track was a tire eating piece of crap. Several guys chose to save their stuff for Perris.

10/29/07, 12:54 AM   #12
Gasman fan 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurst View Post
Its Kuhn, and he was not last in his heat. He started 10th and finished 5th. He did not run the B. Neither did fast time qualifier Robert Ballou and several others. Cant blame em, track was a tire eating piece of crap. Several guys chose to save their stuff for Perris.
My mistake!

10/29/07, 1:00 AM   #13
Gasman fan 50

There is a great story on the scrafan, board about the Vegas race. From a Vegas fan. About the Vegas Clay. Only 4 push trucks, but they use the support door cars to push them off. Just be glad the Big E is better than this.:applaud:

10/29/07, 8:33 AM   #14
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman fan 50 View Post
There is a great story on the scrafan, board about the Vegas race. From a Vegas fan. About the Vegas Clay. Only 4 push trucks, but they use the support door cars to push them off. Just be glad the Big E is better than this.:applaud:
Excuse me for my stupidity, but I have to ask what "support door cars" are. Is this some kind of support division that is run there?

10/29/07, 9:56 AM   #15
petey

Never been to Vegas but have seen plenty of races that were televised from there and on video to know that the surface sucks:moon: for the most part. It's either very dry slick or very rough and treacherous.

10/29/07, 10:10 AM   #16
Bubzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhurst View Post
I'll bet the Bud Kaeding wishes he'd chose to load up early too.

10/29/07, 10:19 AM   #17
raceway video

I'll post highlights of both the sprints and midgets late Monday night. Here is a sample of the highlights. http://racewayvideo.com/clips/071027/vegas.wmv
Jeff K
racewayvideo.com

10/29/07, 11:29 AM   #18
Gasman fan 50

The track had a match race with NHRA drivers in Bombers. They were next door racing that weekend if you didn't know. So they could suck in those fans to watch the open wheel racers. Cars with doors. With 4 push trucks with over 80 plus cars in the pits that don't have starters. Just read the story on SCRA FAN board by Frank Lewis! Wonder how many fans know who Frank is?

I went there once to see a Silver Crown race. A car that was just a hazard out on the rack almost won. He still was on his starting tires. I think by 50 laps in he was ten laps down. By 90 laps he was leading! So if the dust is to much for real race fans don't go, to the BIG E!. There are worst tracks out there!! Sometimes a track can be to fast, no passing. Then you have a track where the tires go POPING in 12 laps!!:rolling:

10/29/07, 11:36 AM   #19
Gasman fan 50

Out West there no support racing with the real sprint cars. So, you go only to see the Sprints!:checkered: What a concept Sprint car racing only.:headbang:

10/29/07, 11:56 AM   #20
Marty Boyer

Taken from Frank Lewis write-up on SCRAFAN messageboard :

Quote:
The track announcer who claimed to have flown in from Iowa should've just stayed there. His lack of knowledge and concern more for who was in the tower with him from the drags did nothing more than piss off anyone that might've been interested in keeping times and line ups.
That is why we had a hard time doing live updates because the announcer would not give any times or talk about who was it what car. I guess we weren't the only ones that noticed that about the announcer.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Darren Hagen & Sammy Swindell Winners at Vegas