IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joining Midget Org a Waste of Money
3/2/09, 2:46 PM   #11
Re: Joining Midget Org a Waste of Money
wbr

Its "skrool" not "skool" and I'll be happy to haul your nascar to the track in my trailer as long as I get to drive the racecar.

Seriously though; I haven't been around as long as most of you have been racing so filter my thoughts with that in mind. I think the midget organizations are being run the way they are simply because "that's the way we've always done it." (I cringe when I hear people say that too.) I don't think there's any conspiracy or malicious acts taking place, its merely the organizations are being run in 2009 just as they were in 1955. One of the race sanctioning bodies I am involved with has had a major leadership change and moved from a midget car owner as president to a marketing agent as the new leader. He has implemented some changes that made some happy and some unhappy. I am going to give him another year or two before I pass any judgment on him though. I am not saying I won't write him with criticism in the mean time; I am just willing to be patient and let him lay out his plan.

The reason your health plan has to be laid out so simply perfect is more than likely the law, not from the goodness of the directors of the organization.

Tony B. could (should) teach a seminar to race promoters about how to do it right. I am not knocking any particular promoter; but stating everyone could learn something from the way he and his staff works to include the entire community in the events.

3/2/09, 3:18 PM   #12
DonMoore10

OMG, Mark. You posted on IOW without mentioning my name or race team. This is earth shaking and unprecedented. Yes, and I think the posters on here debate (if you call it that) like it's 1955 instead of 2009. I hope none of the debate team advisors are looking on here to recruit candidates.

Yes, Barhorst. He knows how to do it and listens to improve his product that he presents to the public.

3/2/09, 3:35 PM   #13
LEADERS EDGE

Tony's stock has raised on here somewhat since Midget Week.

To Tony's credit he kept his commitment with the teams that stayed, but that was a complete failure on all sides.

He is a promoter and this sport is lacking in those.

3/2/09, 4:30 PM   #14
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShock66 View Post
By serious, I take it you mean someone who agrees with your 100% negative way of thinking?

Good luck with that.
Naw.. that post was all fact and 100% positive. Facts don't lie. What's positive? Hey, I've got $XXX.XX in my pocket and they don't.

3/2/09, 5:33 PM   #15
JShock66

You call that positive? I would hate to see something negative.

And you were a teacher? No wonder we are all screwed ...

3/2/09, 6:10 PM   #16
ThrottleHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShock66 View Post
You call that positive? I would hate to see something negative.

And you were a teacher? No wonder we are all screwed ...
How about on your next post you put your name with it? It sure is easy to bash people hiding behind a keyboard and monitor with your name no where in sight.

3/2/09, 6:15 PM   #17
Anderson36

I too commend Tony on his promotions over the winter months. The only thing I question is how successful he would be trying to promote 20 races over the course of say 4 months all the while competing for spectator dollars against many other organizations and tracks across the region.

Please don't take that as a dig towards Tony, because I have always supported his indoor shows either as a participant or a spectator. He's first class all the way!!

It's a tough world out there right now and we're slowing loosing butts for the seats we need to fill.

Jimmy Anderson

3/2/09, 7:31 PM   #18
DonMoore10

An interesting article recently was published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer about the Cleveland Clinic. For those that aren't familair with the Cleveland Clinic, this is world class hospital bar none. In the article, it was announced that ALL DOCTORS on the Cleveland Clinic staff are required to devulge ANY KICKBACKS or FAVORS, agreements etc with ties to medical equipment, drugs etc.

Hmmmmm...... Now in the racing world we have..... let's see...... oh yeah... the purple tire deals........... the tire monopoly.......... Hmmmmm

3/2/09, 9:49 PM   #19
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
An interesting article recently was published in the Cleveland Plain Dealer about the Cleveland Clinic. For those that aren't familair with the Cleveland Clinic, this is world class hospital bar none. In the article, it was announced that ALL DOCTORS on the Cleveland Clinic staff are required to devulge ANY KICKBACKS or FAVORS, agreements etc with ties to medical equipment, drugs etc.

Hmmmmm...... Now in the racing world we have..... let's see...... oh yeah... the purple tire deals........... the tire monopoly.......... Hmmmmm
Have you seen the latest issue of Sprintcar and midget magazine? It has a full page add from Americna Racer in it (as I took it) calling out Hoosier.

3/2/09, 11:03 PM   #20
DonMoore10

Yes, I saw that. The midget org execs ignore that page. Wouldn't want to ruin their reputation for keeping the costs of midget racing at an all time high.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joining Midget Org a Waste of Money