IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crown Vic’s! @ Winchester
7/21/23, 4:38 PM   #11
Re: Crown Vic’s! @ Winchester
Stevensville Mike

Winchester has always provided great stock car races when ASA, Hooters Pro Cup, and ARCA (prior to spec engines, plastic cars, and rich kids) ran there.

5 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, oldfan49, PIT CART
7/22/23, 10:36 AM   #12
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Definitely one hell of a race. Now they've screwed around so long. Letting people out on the track to get autographs. And all the other BS that they're doing. That, it appears to me like they could get rained out before they get the Silver Crown race in. I don't know what the hell they're thinking. Somebody needs their butt kicked there. Squaw line is knocking on the door. I think they're in deep doo doo.
You were wrong. The race started at the advertised time, and ran the full 100 laps. Maybe a kid got an autograph, and became a lifelong fan. To me it was worth it, but I was actually there. Now go back to making sure no kids are on your lawn.

7/22/23, 11:13 AM   #13
kb78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
You were wrong. The race started at the advertised time, and ran the full 100 laps. Maybe a kid got an autograph, and became a lifelong fan. To me it was worth it, but I was actually there. Now go back to making sure no kids are on your lawn.
I was also there and I'm glad I was but I will tell you this, IFthat race would have gotten rained out and I felt like the difference was the time they spent on the autograph session I would have taken that into account next year. I am not against these fan appreciation sessions but I get anxieties when everyone in the place knows that weather is coming and the track officials seem in no particular hurry to get the race in. Luckily the main cell missed us because I am pretty sure no amount of hustle would have saved the show if it had.

And by the by, I have a fence around my yard.

2 members like this post: dkdorkboy, PIT CART
7/23/23, 10:43 AM   #14
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
I was also there and I'm glad I was but I will tell you this, IFthat race would have gotten rained out and I felt like the difference was the time they spent on the autograph session I would have taken that into account next year. I am not against these fan appreciation sessions but I get anxieties when everyone in the place knows that weather is coming and the track officials seem in no particular hurry to get the race in. Luckily the main cell missed us because I am pretty sure no amount of hustle would have saved the show if it had.

And by the by, I have a fence around my yard.
I get it, but I wasn't referring to you.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crown Vic’s! @ Winchester