IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #11 7/21/22 4:37 PM
D.O is what pretty much brought back broadcast and Internet streaming of short track racing. he was directly behind the forces that got Thursday Night Thunder going. Jackslash, Millsvideo, Loud peddal, and others followed.

Also ran a Racin With D.O and King highlights show for local indy station and a racing podcast.

Thanks D.O I don't know you well but have met several times. Best wishes.

Charles Nungester
7 Likes: Blackduce, Bostonian, chrismattlin, cowboyhar69, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, PIT CART
racenut69 (Offline)
  #12 7/21/22 5:09 PM
Prayers and all the best to D.O.

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
3 Likes: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
racenut69 (Offline)
  #13 7/21/22 5:10 PM
Prayers and all the best to D.O.

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
2 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner
racenut69 (Offline)
  #14 7/21/22 5:12 PM
Sorry for double post!

Michael Carter....
2 Likes: luckybuc97, tirespinner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #15 7/21/22 5:30 PM
Ya know, not to take anything at all away from DO, but I still remember the Gary and Larry, in their time period, as being pretty well received, and I became good friends with both of them, but that was a different time, and long ago, prayers to you D.O., no one likes to be sick, get well soon, and back in business.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
4 Likes: Blackduce, chrismattlin, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #16 7/21/22 6:21 PM
Really sorry to read the news about D.O. When I moved to Indy in 1994, I was so excited to see the Racin with D.O. show. Then getting to hear his show on radio. Then getting to go to his show, meet him and listen live to him, K.O. and guests. D.O. poured his heart into Central Indiana open wheel racing. Can't imagine how many hours he taped, all for the love of the sport and us fans. Praying hard for you D.O. We are all D.O. strong!
5 Likes: Blackduce, chrismattlin, LUCKYONE, oppweld, tirespinner
Blackduce (Offline)
  #17 7/21/22 8:09 PM
DO, GET WELL pal. More laughs needed by all of us!
I remember your first real job. At Riverside, CA. Indy Car race, there was a trailer that read ESPN. Someone said this was there first try at filming a car race live or taped. The first person out of the trailer was you. All dressed up real pretty. With a mic. in your hand. And you said, you now have a real job.
Priceless you were.
Thanks & Get well for the
second round with all of us.

Lynn
9 Likes: chrismattlin, cowboyhar69, Grocery Guy, Jerry Shaw, Ken Bonnema, oppweld, Russ, Tim Bookmiller, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #18 7/22/22 8:11 PM
I knew it was very bad from other things that I had seen, But Kimb Stewart Confirmed that D.O has passed with family and friends around him.

R.I.P D.O. Wooooo! Racin!

Charles Nungester
PIT CART (Offline)
  #19 7/22/22 10:07 PM
Sad news 😢
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69
CA71 (Offline)
  #20 7/23/22 12:39 AM
Lots of giants/legendary media members in dirt track racing, but there's only one King of the Hill. His stamp will be felt for a long, long time! Wooooooo racin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQHWqbh2vOE
2 Likes: LUCKYONE, PIT CART