IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo MAVTV Partnership
6/30/22, 7:47 PM   #11
ferg43

Subscribed to annual subscription for mav+ in January. Been with flo for 2 years. I guess this leaves me with a wasted 1/2 year subscription for mav+ Agree with Mike here comes a possible increase......

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
6/30/22, 11:47 PM   #12
flagboy55

I agree with, I think it was Charles who didn’t expect an increase. But let’s say they propose one. What would be acceptable? As I write this I think I might be doing their bidding, as to find out what the consumer will tolerate. But nonetheless, I’ll throw it out there

7/1/22, 12:34 AM   #13
Re: Flo MAVTV Partnership
jdull99

Is this why the standard MavTv is showing IRP "Previously Recorded" Sprint car 500 tour race right now??? Either way, this is pretty cool!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

7/1/22, 4:40 PM   #14
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I agree with, I think it was Charles who didn’t expect an increase. But let’s say they propose one. What would be acceptable? As I write this I think I might be doing their bidding, as to find out what the consumer will tolerate. But nonetheless, I’ll throw it out there
I am not sure about FLO Sports business model or goal for motorsports on their platform, but I have watched college FB, wrestling, lacrosse, and racing (A LOT OF RACING). Time will tell regarding an increase in subscription fee, but my ROI just for watching racing last year for about 80 USAC, 20 LM, 30+ ASCoC, 5 midweek sprint shows, and others I can't remember is about a $1 per race. Now in 2022 with POWRi midgets, war sprints, ASCS, IRA, Lincoln PA, Port Royal PA, Gold Cup, Chili Bowl, etc., it would have to be a pretty steep increase to chase me away. And YES, I will also make my 22 to 25 annual in person racing shows again in 2022.

3 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, hb56
7/1/22, 5:26 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
I am not sure about FLO Sports business model or goal for motorsports on their platform, but I have watched college FB, wrestling, lacrosse, and racing (A LOT OF RACING). Time will tell regarding an increase in subscription fee, but my ROI just for watching racing last year for about 80 USAC, 20 LM, 30+ ASCoC, 5 midweek sprint shows, and others I can't remember is about a $1 per race. Now in 2022 with POWRi midgets, war sprints, ASCS, IRA, Lincoln PA, Port Royal PA, Gold Cup, Chili Bowl, etc., it would have to be a pretty steep increase to chase me away. And YES, I will also make my 22 to 25 annual in person racing shows again in 2022.
If they really want to grow racing and their other sports. Need to cross advertise. Instead of that annoying F and music, Go. Catch all the ECHL season on Flo Hockey and between periods. Catch all the USAC, ALL Star, Lucas LM, ASCS action on FLO Racing.

There ought to be a link to FLO sports on FLO racing's banner. hate to say it but I've been with Flo for three years and I think checked the other sports maybe two or three times. Im a hockey nut too.

Finally dropping the cable. That's for sure. Enough content to watch for hours if I want.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/1/22 at 5:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: Will Shunk
7/1/22, 6:05 PM   #16
Offroadrace_814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im a hockey nut too.
I have Indy Fuel Half Season tickets. So ECHL on FloHockey works out great for me.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Will Shunk
7/1/22, 6:08 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadrace_814 View Post
I have Indy Fuel Half Season tickets. So ECHL on FloHockey works out great for me.
I used to never miss a Cincy Cyclones game but fell out when they moved out of the gardens and into a has been and never was IHL. But they're back in the ECHL and I've yet to watch a game. Shame on me.

7/1/22, 6:35 PM   #18
Will Shunk

Thanks for the reminder as I forgot to mention in my post the perennial ECHL championship contending, Toledo Walleye hockey games I watch on FLO. So focused on racing right now.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/1/22, 10:47 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Mavplus will continue till almost the end of July to honor monthly subscribers. The Yearly subscribers will be pro rated a refund to the card they subscribed with. Yes MAVTV network will go on and now feature more classes and sanctions of racing. But in effect, All live streaming of events, Including chilibowl finale will be on FLO Racing.

There's a video on flo explaining most of it. I hope I got it right.

1 member likes this post: Wayne Davis
7/2/22, 9:19 AM   #20
Offroadrace_814

Some great games between the Cyclones, Fuel and Walleye.

I just started attending within the last five years. With living just over an hour away from Indy. I just get the half season tickets.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo MAVTV Partnership