IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Casey Shuman electric midget
12/13/21, 7:54 PM   #11
Re: Casey Shuman electric midget
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

The race track has aways served as a laboratory for auto manufactures. I think we are in the 55 Chevy V8 stage of development for electric vehicles. Maybe Model T stage. Various classes of electric race cars with top name drivers is probably going to happen sooner than we think. I imagine by 2050 the internal combustion will be a rare bird. People used to think the horse would never be replaced

2 members like this post: racenut69, trackprep
12/13/21, 8:02 PM   #12
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
I'm all in favor of saving the environment, but what I've always wondered is if every car is electric, won't that require a huge increase of the electrical grid? How will all that power be generated? Won't that also pollute?
As for race cars, NO WAY!
China made solar panels and windmills will solve everything...if its not cloudy and there is wind...lol.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

12/13/21, 8:03 PM   #13
badcoupe

I bet one would really excel at a indoor track like ft Wayne or Atlantic City. Seemed like more than half the cars at sema and many at pri were electric. I’m not the biggest fan but the novelty of it interests me.

12/13/21, 8:31 PM   #14
TQ29m

Might have to put some playing cards in the spokes!

6 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oldfan49, racenut69, rmr6nm
12/13/21, 9:24 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im sure getting them light enough and lasting long enough, driving them could be as thrilling as anything else.

But I saw a sprint car test about twenty years ago that had factory car mufflers and you couldn't even hear when he was on the gas. BORING. And that's the way I see that going as far as spectating. The sound, vibration and feel is every bit a part of that.

I mean they could probably build a electric today that would outrun a Top Fuel or Nitro Funny Car. But that sound, the someone smacking you in the chest feel of raw power is what attracts me. F1 was putting on these battery powered races and that did nothing for me.

May be the future. who knows, as for racing, meh.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/13/21 at 9:25 PM.

3 members like this post: 95KART, miwingless, Rcar
12/13/21, 10:34 PM   #16
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im sure getting them light enough and lasting long enough, driving them could be as thrilling as anything else.

But I saw a sprint car test about twenty years ago that had factory car mufflers and you couldn't even hear when he was on the gas. BORING. And that's the way I see that going as far as spectating. The sound, vibration and feel is every bit a part of that.

I mean they could probably build a electric today that would outrun a Top Fuel or Nitro Funny Car. But that sound, the someone smacking you in the chest feel of raw power is what attracts me. F1 was putting on these battery powered races and that did nothing for me.

May be the future. who knows, as for racing, meh.
"I mean they could probably build a electric today that would outrun a Top Fuel or Nitro Funny Car."????? Now you're getting carried away!

12/13/21, 10:39 PM   #17
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
China made solar panels and windmills will solve everything...if its not cloudy and there is wind...lol.
You're probably being sarcastic, but I hope that comes true eventually, minus the China part. No reason we can't make that stuff ourselves. China is way ahead at the moment, unfortunately

12/14/21, 1:58 AM   #18
Blackduce

VW just canceled there Electric car project. Saying they see so many problems to make a saleable car. They did not say what the problems were.

Lynn

2 members like this post: jdull99, luckybuc97
12/14/21, 2:16 AM   #19
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
You're probably being sarcastic, but I hope that comes true eventually, minus the China part. No reason we can't make that stuff ourselves. China is way ahead at the moment, unfortunately
No I wasn't...

https://news.energysage.com/best-sol...facturers-usa/

"...The simple answer to this commonly asked question is East Asia, and you will notice that the majority of the top ten manufacturers are Chinese as the bulk of global solar panels are manufactured there. East Asia has become the solar manufacturing hub of the world..." - everything else is made in China (like our prescription drugs), why wouldn't the majority of solar panels be made there???
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

12/20/21, 1:55 PM   #20
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
No I wasn't...

https://news.energysage.com/best-sol...facturers-usa/

"...The simple answer to this commonly asked question is East Asia, and you will notice that the majority of the top ten manufacturers are Chinese as the bulk of global solar panels are manufactured there. East Asia has become the solar manufacturing hub of the world..." - everything else is made in China (like our prescription drugs), why wouldn't the majority of solar panels be made there???
I know they're way ahead. But we can do it too!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Casey Shuman electric midget