IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Streaming & Me/Us
3/17/21, 1:52 PM   #11
Re: Streaming & Me/Us
Will Shunk

There will be many opinions on this subject but few facts as the data is not collected but on forums like this one. My rule is a simple one. I will not sit at home on a race day if the track is within 3 hours one way. IMHO the FLO streaming is a plus for drivers, teams, and the tracks. All will enjoy tremendous exposure as services like FLO expand the content. With this added exposure, I will now bend my rule to seek out ASCS shows in the mid west, tracks I have seen on screen but have not attended in MI, IL, & PA. On any vacation trips I will surely make the effort to spectate at tracks in TX, OK, MS, GA, and the west coast. My interest in all of these series, drivers, and tracks will force hotel stays and new adventures. So for me it is about continued support for my local series/tracks but looking to add MORE in person, MORE variety, and MORE racing...not less. Thanks to the streaming of sprint car racing, I am out of my rut and looking forward to constructive personal growth! See you at a track near you.
Last edited by Will Shunk; 3/17/21 at 1:59 PM.

4 members like this post: 95KART, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, oppweld
3/17/21, 10:49 PM   #12
flagboy55

First off I want to thank everyone who has chimed in so far. Lot’s of well thought out articulated opinions. I’ve been doing just a small bit of research to find out a little more about the deals that are offered to both the entertainment property (tracks/series) and the stream service. I’m going to do more but it’s not just readily available with a couple clicks of the mouse. I’m sure they’re not all the same. For example, here in our home state, I think only Kokomo of the regular sprint tracks is on a stream deal and I believe they signed up with SpeedshiftTV before they merged with Flo. Why are they the Lone Ranger on this? Would they have signed with Flo or Dirtvision today after the merger? Now before someone beats me up on that, I’m just going off the top of my head with what I recall. I’m not saying it’s gospel. More than one of us on the thread mentioned track proximity as a big factor. I couldn’t agree more. I know there’s more opinions out there, let’s hear what you think

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Streaming & Me/Us