IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Shamrock classic tickets, entry info for midgets and m
2/8/18, 11:23 PM   #11
BURG FAN 88

Contact Lauren with the email at the end of the Event Flyer that’s how she contacted us include your ticket order number.
Last edited by BURG FAN 88; 2/8/18 at 11:30 PM.

2/9/18, 1:00 AM   #12
Re: Usac: Shamrock classic tickets, entry info for midgets a
Lauren Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
We have our reserved tickets and rooms for this years' Shamrock Classic and we're looking forward to this event as we always have in the past. However, we have some trepidation's regarding the addition of a support class. The memory is all too vivid of the experience at the first SC when hot laps began at 4 PM with the checkered flag falling on the midget A-main at around midnight due in no small part to the support class involved in that event. It's apparent the powers that be are attempting to avoid another such veritable mind numbing marathon with the support class hot laps and heat races beginning at noon. Track prep becomes a bit more problematic with the additional racing, as well.We presume that the support class B-main/main's and A-main will be integrated into the midget racing activities but will be limited to the degree that excessive track prep isn't a concern. For those of us who have limited interest in the support class this is a welcome schedule with the hopes that another test of will and endurance isn't part of the deal. Let's hope it works out for the best.

Trust me, that first year and the disaster of the support class is all too vivid in my mind, too. Not to mention the medical emergency we had in the stands at the start of the Midget feature, which also added to the delay.

I have decided to add Micros as a support class for the 3rd Annual Shamrock Classic, but it is not a choice that I made without a lot of thought put into it. Micros are going to hot lap at noon with their heat races following. There will be plenty of time for track prep before midgets hit the track. Midgets will hot lap, with the Micro B-Main immediately following. The rest of the show will run like last year/December's Knepper race with the addition of the Micro feature before the Midget B-Main.

Adding Micros will not change the track prep schedule or time/energy spent on track prep. I, like you, am a race fan first and foremost, so I want nothing more than to put on a good show for all of the fans in the stands. I am confident we will be able to have a great track for both classes. I am also confident that the Micros will be an entertaining support class, even if you're not there to watch them.

I appreciate your support and hope to see you in March! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at lauren@laurenstewartpromotions.com.

Thank you,

LS

9 members like this post: 2fast4u, Bobv, cornerthree, hilly, ISF, jdull99, ROSS, scottyCbus, Simon_says17
2/9/18, 1:02 AM   #13
Lauren Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Four of us have attended the previous Shamrock Classics and always found it to be a very entertaining event. We have always been pleased with the field of cars and the format of the program. Adding the micros and the early starting time is causing us to reconsider our plans. We feel that if we arrive at our usual time, which was somewhere around 2:00PM, the seat choice will be very limited. If I understand correctly, purchasing reserved seats does not allow you to choose your seat, so we skip that option. We hope the event is successful, but prefer the previous one class format.
I responded to your email with details about the reserved seats! You ARE able to select your seats. You tell me where you want to sit and I tell you what seats are open. Sorry for the confusion! I appreciate your support and hope to see you in March!

LS

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, ronmil
2/9/18, 6:54 AM   #14
BrentTFunk

Thanks for all your hard work Lauren. Will order tickets when I get back from Florida.

2/9/18, 7:59 AM   #15
miledirt

Thanks Lauren - you do a great job promoting this event. Open wheel fans are fortunate to have you! I would just throw my hat in the ring for running the midget feature first not after the micro feature

1 member likes this post: ronmil
2/9/18, 9:29 AM   #16
hilly

Race Count This Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURG FAN 88 View Post
When we bought our Tickets Lauren contacted us by E-Mail a few days later with a pic of the seating chart and it said respond with requests such as end of row or near friends along with what section you wanted. The email also said to give your shirt sizes. She then responds with what you seats will be some time later. Very nice and responsive to questions.
This was exactly my experience. I also emailed Lauren a couple weeks later with a question and she followed up with me and answered my question thoroughly. I was very satisfied with the process.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
2/9/18, 12:43 PM   #17
ISF

I would join miledirt with a vote for the micro A-main to be run following the Midget A-main.

2/9/18, 1:13 PM   #18
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Man I can not catch a break...another group schedules on top of our GDN racing that was suppose to happen this weekend as it has the last 3 years ...so I made a call to make sure this race was not going to fall on this date and rescheduled the the Feb. date to Mar. 8th-10th back in early Nov. then PRI rolls around and BAM...there ya go. I no it is part of the game but it sucks cause I loose a few of my top runners to that show...hope they have a great show and we will keep on trying...and I know this is National midgets and we are D-2 but Brad Noffsinger (Brady Bacon) brings 3-4 cars every year to our show and will not be able to this year.

Hopefully it will not comflict next year...Love midget racing and want to see it come back to the old days when there was 60-80 cars in the pits....yea I know I am dreaming just like I am dreaming that midgets will 1 day take off here in the south

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

3 members like this post: ISF, jjones752, ronmil
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Shamrock classic tickets, entry info for midgets and m