IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sp6967 (Offline)
  #11 10/5/16 4:16 PM
maybe they will make a decent tire now.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
3 Likes: spicoli, team3521, winged and non-winged
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #12 10/5/16 6:27 PM
OMG could Goodyear make a comeback after Hoosier put it to them over competition & consumerism ?

Would there be as many Honda's & other foreign vehicles on the road here if it wasn't for NAFTA & would have the big 3 really been as bad off as they were a few years ago ?

Money talks Bulls^%t walks.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #13 10/5/16 7:11 PM
Originally Posted by sp6967:
maybe they will make a decent tire now.
?
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #14 10/5/16 7:31 PM
The answer is yes. NAFTA is a North American agreement which has nothing to do with Asia, that would be TPP. Honda, Toyota and others were well established long before NAFTA.
jjones752 (Offline)
  #15 10/5/16 7:31 PM
Originally Posted by Wizard 05:
Don't look now,,but it is not only Toyota that goes to the UK..Diamler is even bigger..And I too am sad to see Hoosier get sold..I work with the people from Conitential every day..They are only data driven.. One of the things that made Hoosier great was there ability to talk with every level of racer. I can almost assure you that will be lost..Even if they leave all of there current people in place and pretend to leave them alone,, that is just not the way those people do business..
Toyota is Japanese, not British, and Daimler (German) sold Chrysler to Fiat (Italian), so...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, TQ29m
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #16 10/5/16 9:23 PM
Mid to late 70's for cars if I remember right. The Honda Civic was the big thing.