IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #11 6/6/16 8:10 PM
Wow, Thanks! Honesty the product sells itself.
I'll be there if I can.

I remember the track being like a Old Lawrenceburg but with a wall. All the lights faced down track but I think I remember they redid grandstands since. That was probably somewhere around 1990 and it was SRO for a All Star sprintweek show. Only time I was there, don't know why. I used to follow a ton of wing racing and when Burg went back NW, I wondered WTH was wrong with me and the great racing I had been missing (Especially in heat races)

You and the wife still flagging? Always liked your styles Attentive and enthusiastic..

Charles Nungester
double checkered (Offline)
  #12 6/6/16 8:19 PM
Yea we are still together and still flagging. This is her first year with me on the stand at Lima even though she has worked there for 12 years (pitside ticket booth). I'm waiting for an up and coming traveling series to give me a ring about being the series official starter. Cough cough. :-) Thanks for the compliment.
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #13 6/7/16 6:33 AM
Thanks Aaron. Don't know if we will make the Twin Cities show but I'd like 2. 1 Brother is losing his job in 3 days & the other says "is there any thing closer". Supposed to be a boys night out as the 1's birthday is the 27th & our dad's birthday was the 29th & it was kind of in the honor of dad.

I'd compare ol Double Checkered to that flagman the Big Block Modified's brought to Eldora. Entertaining.
double checkered (Offline)
  #14 6/7/16 6:58 AM
I'd compare ol Double Checkered to that flagman the Big Block Modified's brought to Eldora. Entertaining.[/QUOTE]

That's Dave Farney. To even be mentioned with him in the same sentence is an honor. Thanks.
Backitin (Offline)
  #15 6/7/16 7:42 AM
Nice stuff.
We had a flagger at Flemington Speedway when I was young who's name was Tex Enrite. He was a big part of the show.
Come main event time he'd get out of his flaggers stand and stand in the middle of the track as the cars did their parade lap and they would pass on either side of him at a pretty good clip. He'd start the race standing in the middle of the track and would sprint out of the way to the infield. He would just barely get out of the way and after the last car passed he would sprint across the track and be in his stand in time to wave the green when they came around. Flemington was the fastest 5/8 mile in the world and when them modifieds came in for the start they were going fast. One more thing I'll never see again.
Enjoy your races.
smith19 (Offline)
  #16 6/7/16 12:21 PM
lima is a great track. I remember the old horse barns and piting in the infield.

CHRIS SMITH
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 6/8/16 6:24 PM
I plan on being at Both, There's so many options but when you know a product's good within a couple hours, Why make the mega trip to PA or IL? BOSS at Lima and Burg will be fantastic!

See ya there!

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, sprinter14