IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #11 11/18/15 3:06 PM
Forty eight so far!

Ron Miller
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, smith19, WinglessLovers
jim goerge (Offline)
  #12 11/18/15 5:49 PM
As Ron says 58 so far with 2 to go. Three new tracks Bell-Clair is one that anytime they are running midgets I'll be there, and the other is the Indy mile I had been there before but not in last 30 35 years, last new one is Wayne City and that's a OMG track, I have never seen the 27th place car throwin siders on the 26th place guy BUT I did there. But really saw great racing all over . Met a lot of people from this site this year and love them all, hope to met many more next year
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, racefan20, ronmil, skids59, smith19, wildman92, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #13 11/18/15 5:53 PM
49 hoping for a 3 more. Will be ready for Ocala in February
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #14 11/18/15 6:06 PM
58 and done for this year. Down a little from last year but the June-July rains account for that. Next racing at local Florida pavement track then the February dirt schedule.
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil, WinglessLovers
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #15 11/18/15 9:14 PM
I can't compete with most of you guys but this year has been great for me compared to the last 5 in which I had only one weekend a month off. As you all know it's tough to get to the track with that schedule when you got family stuff as well. This year I started at Eldora in may with the usac woo double header, and finished with the 4 crown. If I only made those 2, it be okay, but got to plenty others and even buckled up again this year and the phone has rung some to get back involved. Overall a great year considered what I came from the past few. I hope to do more next year and meet some of the fine folks that enjoy iow
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ronmil
bigq11 (Offline)
  #16 11/18/15 10:26 PM
53 races, 3 states, 12 tracks, everything from non-wing sprints, winged sprints, midgets, silver crown, and late models. Like them all.
5 Likes: davidm, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, WinglessLovers
ISF (Offline)
  #17 11/19/15 10:29 AM
The highlight of our spectating season was The Ted Horn Memorial 100. Hands down the best USAC Silver Crown race I have ever seen, and we've seen quite a few. Aaron Pierce (among a few others) put on a show for the ages before getting a little too close to the wall.

Belleville Nationals was a great show as well. Belleville is always special given that we get to hang out for 3 days with some great people in addition to some great racin'.

1.) Little 500. Only a 2 year veteran of this race and regularly wonder why we haven't gone in the past.

2.) Indy 500. The last 3 or 4 500's have been more than memorable and 2015 was no exception.

3.) Sumar Classic. Silver Crown cars THAT are 'bout as good as it gets.

4.) Indiana Sprint Week. Due to career obligations and weather we only got to THAT this year during ISW but as always it was worth the 3 hour drive.

5.) Belleville Midget Nationals & Silver Crown. Belleville is scary fast and special even if the drivers pedaled big wheels around the place.

6.) Tony Bettenhausen Memorial 100. A good race, not quite as good as Du Quoin but a good one, nonetheless.

7.) Allen Crowe Memorial 100. The ARCA stock cars seldom disappoint at Springfield and 2015 was another good race.

8.) Bill Waite Memorial. La Salle Illinois is a great track and this race packs 'em in. Racing was very good, as usual. What made this evening special was we got to hang out with our good friend Mrs. Bob (Dee) Tattersall and Jack & Jody Hewitt (who had their 2 seater there giving rides) all in the same pit stall. There were some stories bein' told, that is for sure.

9.) Gold Crown Midget Nationals. Made the drive from Rend Lake over to Granite City, IL and got to see some great racin' and got to hang out with our friend from Kansas, Bob Nikkel and for the first time got to meet his daughter, who may be the newest race fan Bob has succeeded in indoctrinating.

10.) Ted Horn Memorial 100. As mentioned before, this was the best Silver Crown race we've ever seen and the popular winner is a new star of the series. What makes Du Quoin special is camping the whole week before Labor Day Weekend and relaxing on Rend Lake every day.

11.) Southern Illinois 100. ARCA at Du Quoin is generally a good show but the track came apart in turn 1 and kinda' put a damper on the last 30 of the 100 miles. I think they'll remedy that problem by running the fender cars at night from now on at Du Quoin.

12.) Jason Leffler Memorial. Wow, what can you say about that show for 2015 that hasn't been said. It was a great day with the weather 'bout as good as it can be in late October. Once again got to hang out with our Kansas Connection Bob & Bob. Oh, and for those that weren't fortunate to have been there, it was a GREAT race!

13.) Junior Knepper 55. We're looking forward to December 19th and being in the Southern Illinois Center for this one again this year. Also looking forward to hanging with out of town friends again and seeing how USAC does running this show for the 1st time.

Quantity is lacking a bit to suite us but the quality was remarkably high this year. Rainouts contributed to the lack of quantity and hopefully next year that trend will reverse itself.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
7 Likes: davidm, HardyBoysRacing, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, ronmil, WinglessLovers
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #18 11/19/15 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording:
Me and Ailsa just decided to go for it while we can this year. Not sure we'll be able to repeat or beat this years Racing Total without a lotto win.

January 12th - Chili Bowl Practice
January 13th – Chili Bowl Night 1
January 14th – Chili Bowl Night 2
January 15th – Chili Bowl Night 3
January 16th – Chili Bowl Night 4
January 17th – Chili Bowl Night 5

June 4th – Quincy Raceway, POWRi Midget Week
June 5th – Jacksonville Speedway, POWRi Midget Week
June 6th – Macon Speedway, POWRi Midget Week
June 7th – Belle-Clair Speedway, POWRi Midget Week

June 10th – Gas City, USAC Midget Week
June 11th – Putnamville, USAC Midget Week
June 12th – Bloomington, USAC Midget Week
June 13th – Lawrenceburg, USAC Midget Week
June 14th – Kokomo – RAIN OUT -
June 15th - Angell Park Speedway, Midgets

July 10th – Gas City, ISW
July 11th – Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Classic Cars
July 11th – Kokomo, ISW – Mains - RAIN OUT -
July 12th – Lawrence burg, ISW
July 15th – Terre Haute, ISW
July 16th – Putnamville, ISW
July 17th – Bloomington – Feature - RAIN OUT -
July 18th - Haubstadt, ISW
July 19th - Angell Park Speedway, IRA & NSL Sprints

August 26th – Kokomo, ISW Make up show
August 27th – Kokomo, Smackdown
August 28th – Kokomo, Smackdown
August 29th – Kokomo, Smackdown

November 12th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals Practice
November 13th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals
November 14th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals
November 15th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals
I got 5 trips across the pond for you folks. Unbelievable. THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SWIM Amazing dedication to American Open Wheel Dirt Track Racing. You two definately deserve some type of Award...
10 Likes: Charles Nungester, davidm, erich45, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racefan20, ronmil, skids59
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #19 11/19/15 2:03 PM
Originally Posted by NOSTINKINWINGS:
I got 5 trips across the pond for you folks. Unbelievable. THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SWIM Amazing dedication to American Open Wheel Dirt Track Racing. You two definately deserve some type of Award...
Only award we want is clear warm skys with absolutely no hint of the R word. Seeing our American Racing Family both on the bleechers and in the pits is enough. After an 11 1/2 hour flight to LA a 2 hour drive through LA traffic a High Five from T-Mez, a hug from Monica and a cold beer from Bob kind of makes it all worth it.

See y'all next year god willing.

UK USAC fan.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, EPSpeed, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racefan20
jim goerge (Offline)
  #20 11/20/15 5:05 AM
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording:
Me and Ailsa just decided to go for it while we can this year. Not sure we'll be able to repeat or beat this years Racing Total without a lotto win.

January 12th - Chili Bowl Practice
January 13th – Chili Bowl Night 1
January 14th – Chili Bowl Night 2
January 15th – Chili Bowl Night 3
January 16th – Chili Bowl Night 4
January 17th – Chili Bowl Night 5

June 4th – Quincy Raceway, POWRi Midget Week
June 5th – Jacksonville Speedway, POWRi Midget Week
June 6th – Macon Speedway, POWRi Midget Week
June 7th – Belle-Clair Speedway, POWRi Midget Week

June 10th – Gas City, USAC Midget Week
June 11th – Putnamville, USAC Midget Week
June 12th – Bloomington, USAC Midget Week
June 13th – Lawrenceburg, USAC Midget Week
June 14th – Kokomo – RAIN OUT -
June 15th - Angell Park Speedway, Midgets

July 10th – Gas City, ISW
July 11th – Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Classic Cars
July 11th – Kokomo, ISW – Mains - RAIN OUT -
July 12th – Lawrence burg, ISW
July 15th – Terre Haute, ISW
July 16th – Putnamville, ISW
July 17th – Bloomington – Feature - RAIN OUT -
July 18th - Haubstadt, ISW
July 19th - Angell Park Speedway, IRA & NSL Sprints

August 26th – Kokomo, ISW Make up show
August 27th – Kokomo, Smackdown
August 28th – Kokomo, Smackdown
August 29th – Kokomo, Smackdown

November 12th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals Practice
November 13th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals
November 14th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals
November 15th - Perris Auto Speedway, Oval Nationals
This just blows my mind lol. I live in Indiana and there are years I didn't hit that many races and yet Stephen and Alisa did it from across the big pond. I'm glad I caught up with you two during a couple of your little trips and hope to again next year as you say god willing
2 Likes: davidm, i love dirt track racing