IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Racer12 (Offline)
  #11 6/7/15 11:14 PM
So if you went to a race that advertised Pro Late Models and got there to find out they are Crate Late Models would you feel cheated? I love the Action Track more than anyone but I feel that was a misrepresentation of what you were paying to see.

Bob
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #12 6/7/15 11:20 PM
pro late models are crates they call full blown late models super lates but track was super smooth for once need to comend them on that also ran off pretty smooth
Racer12 (Offline)
  #13 6/7/15 11:38 PM
If something is called Pro that would imply that one would make a living doing it. Nothing against any Crate LM competitor but I highly doubt you could be a "pro" in them. It was $20 for GA granstand tickets, and 7 crate Late Models is NOT a professional race. The Mods put on a good show, track was very smooth and an efficently ran show. Just wanted to have the correct descriptions to all classes that are runnig before I get there.

Bob
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #14 6/8/15 8:46 AM
Well to be fair. Late model fans know the difference between Pro and Super Late Models.

I can understand if you're not an every day late model fan, and didn't know the difference, it can and does get confusing. Our series based out of Brownstown is called the Indiana Pro Late Model Series, and it's crates. If they want to run a crate show next year, I hope they give us a call. We bring between 17-25 a race. Two of our guys went over there last night and finished 1st and 3rd.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
hoosier race fan (Offline)
  #15 6/8/15 9:17 AM
The average fan isn't going to know the difference between a crate and super late model, but the average fan is the one being driven out of the sport. Not everyone spends every free moment of their time seeking the knowledge of dirt track racing that some of the racing savants here have. $20 for 2 classes, one of which has very poor car counts almost anywhere other than Brownstown, is a joke. That average fan is probably leaving that race yesterday saying I paid $20 for that? No thanks. And we wonder why the sport has been headed in the direction it has been going. They either needed a 3rd class or $10 general admission. $20 for two classes that are support classes at almost any track is just poor promotion and poor value for the paying customer.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, treecitytornado
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #16 6/8/15 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
Two of our guys went over there last night and finished 1st and 3rd.
Why did just two of your guys show up? Just curious?
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #17 6/8/15 10:29 AM
The shocks allowed are way different than the ones used in the Indiana Pro Late Models. This was a UMP sanctioned event.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com