IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racinstacie (Offline)
  #11 8/12/08 10:28 PM
Totally agree Mark! Fantastic facility and great race with Silver Crown cars. Glad Jacob was not hurt! Hope we go back for years to come!
cabjr111 (Offline)
  #12 8/12/08 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam:
Abolutely right Clinton.:thumb I forgot about that.:doh: It was EXTEMELY cool to not have to go back and forth, ala Richmond. Who's car were you on?
Armstrong 08
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #13 8/12/08 10:35 PM
That's what I thought. Too much of a coincidence for you and the County Commissioner to both be in New Pal. I'll look you up at the next one. Would love to say hey.
wbr (Offline)
  #14 8/12/08 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by Honest-Sam:
Abolutely right Clinton.:thumb I forgot about that.:doh: It was EXTEMELY cool to not have to go back and forth, ala Richmond. Who's car were you on?
Yes that was really cool too.

Originally Posted by wbr:
Wow- what an awesome facility. We are a relatively new racing family
Originally Posted by Joey Woods:
Just curious, but how new?
We had an old silver crown car and raced 3 races last year with the PRA in addition to the boys racing Kenyon Midgets at the Speedrome and Anderson for the last 3 or so years, but only a few races a year. This year we (Jacob) are racing pavement sprints and silver crown cars both, and Clint will race a few Kenyon Midget races, but his main focus is crew chief for his brother on both cars. I have to say Clint is doing a fine job too. I am amazed at what a couple of young men can accomplish when they put their heart and soul into it.
Honest-Sam (Offline)
  #15 8/12/08 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by wbr:
Yes that was really cool too.

We had an old silver crown car and raced 3 races last year with the PRA in addition to the boys racing Kenyon Midgets at the Speedrome and Anderson for the last 3 or so years, but only a few races a year. This year we (Jacob) are racing pavement sprints and silver crown cars both, and Clint will race a few Kenyon Midget races, but his main focus is crew chief for his brother on both cars. I have to say Clint is doing a fine job too. I am amazed at what a couple of young men can accomplish when they put their heart and soul into it.
What are they're ages again???
wbr (Offline)
  #16 8/13/08 10:15 AM
Jacob, driver of both cars is 18 and will be a freshman at Purdue in the Engineering school.
Clinton, who is crew chief on both cars is 16 and a HS junior.
Jack French is team manager on the Sprint Car.
Diane (Mom) and Mark (Dad) do whatever we have to do to help out the team.

:thumb:usacfan:Steer
mopar97
  #17 8/13/08 5:29 PM
This was a great race from spectator side of things. Great racing!